XXIV

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
December 23rd

Sirens...chaos...fear...all swarming my head as I wait patiently impatient. A hot sensation taking over my body as I wait...and wait...and wait.

Where is he?

I had just given my statement but I'm still waiting to be given some information. My mind is a wreck.

"I'm looking for my daughter," I hear from the front desk and I look up to see my father.

"Her name, please," the officer responds, nonchalantly.

"Daddy," I cry, running into my father's arms. He holds me tight as I sob into his chest, still not knowing where Jordan is or if he's okay.

Maya and Bryson had gone to get some coffee and snacks since we didn't end up eating anything at the restaurant but I just couldn't stand the idea of leaving him here so I stayed.

"What happened?" he asks, picking my face up from his chest as I try to control myself. I look up and worry drowns his eyes.

"It all happened so fast," I sniffle . "And Jordan-"

"Jordan," he scoffs. "Gabriella, let's go," he says, shaking his head and trying to lead me to the door. He seems to be blaming Jordan for this.

"Daddy, no. He's back there and I'm not leaving him," I cry, pulling away from him and seeing him frown, not understanding what his problem is.

"Gabby, let me take you home please,"

"I won't leave hi-" my attention drifts as I see Jordan emerge from the double doors, his eyes softening once they meet mine.

"Baby!"I cry walking towards him and wrapping my hands around his neck. I exhale deeply as he wraps his arms around me, holding on tightly. I feel so secure in his arms.

"Are you okay?" I pull away and ask, holding his face as his eyes meet mine. My mind goes numb as I try to focus on the words leaving his lips.

All I can think about is what could've happened. Both to me and to him.

"I'm fine," he smiles, kissing my forehead, while I close my eyes and sigh into his chest, allowing myself to relax now that I know he is okay.

"I'm so so sorry," I whisper, feeling guilty. He was handcuffed and put in jail because of me. The sight will forever haunt me. Anything could've happened.

He takes my cheeks into his hands and looks into my eyes. His eyes soft and brown. Full of security.

"You don't ever have to apologize. I'm going to protect you no matter what. You don't ever have to be scared when you're with me," he says softly as I hold onto his hands against my face while he pecks my lips.

"Gabby!" my father speaks, grabbing both of our attentions.

"Sir, I'm so-"

"I really don't want to hear it. You got arrested while you had my daughter. Do you know what could've happened to her if those had been the wrong cops?" he says, now getting irritated and I look up at him, getting irritated myself.

"You can't blame him before you even know what happened," I shout, stepping in between them now that my father was getting in his face.

The last thing I want to do is disrespect my father but he's the one that taught me that respect is earned. Right now, he's lacking.

"I already know that you almost got hurt the last time he got shot," he shouts. Guilt floods my body as I cringe at the memory. He was only trying to protect me. The same way he did tonight.