LXIX

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!
HIT THAT STAR ON THE BOTTOM OF EACH CHAPTER
Gabby's POV
•€•
December 10th

Every time I feel a kick, I feel completely fulfilled. There's no other feeling like it. Especially when I lay on my side like this. The baby goes crazy.

The feeling remains incomparable.

Jordan says the same although I'm aware the feeling might be different for him. Nonetheless, our connection with this baby is strong.

We've gone to the doctors office once a week for these past few weeks. It's gut wrenching but it's necessary.

Each time we hear something different. It either gets better or we're back at square one but in all, I'm just grateful that nothing is getting worse.

I'm keeping faith.

The baby kicks me strong and healthily. That's mostly because the baby is growing at a steady pace and I'm still small.

I tune out the sound of Moesha playing in the background once I hear the buttons of the smart locks chirp.

I subconsciously smile.

It's amazing how much you can miss a person you spend majority of your time with. He's most precious to me. I can't stand not being around him.

Diamond and Prince leave my side and head towards the door. When it opens, they fill him with slobber and their lint covered paws.

"Okay...okay, chill," he says breathlessly as they continue to bombard him.

I can't even blame them, their excitement is contagious.

"Hey," he smiles when his eyes meet mine.

"Hi, Baby," I say sweetly. He moves over to me and kisses me. Then he pecks my stomach. I reach for him and he backs away.

"I'm dirty, Baby. Let me go shower and then we can settle down for the night," he says and I comply. "Just don't go to sleep. I'm not playing," he says as a soft yawn escapes me.

"Kiss me again. I missed you," I pout. He smiles and takes my wish as his command. After missing him all day, the only thing I want is to be under his skin.

Literally.

"I'll be right back. Two seconds," he says jogging up the stairs.

Soft shuffling and r&b music sort of save me from falling into a deep slumber. Like I said...sort of.

"Wake up, Big head," Jordans groans tickling my feet. He returns in basketball shorts and a white T-shirt, with his blue durag over his head.

He's dreamy in everything but I love him in a durag. It's just something about it.

"I wasn't sleeping," I defend myself.

"Whatever. Wake up," he says putting the blanket back over my feet before walking into the kitchen. He starts shuffling through the fridge while I search for a show we can watch...a show we won't finish.

I fall asleep after the second episode and never want to finish when he asks. I don't have the patience for shows.

I'm a movie girl. Just cut to the chase and done. Ongoing seasons of bare foolishness just fracture my brain.

I don't know why.

He just ends up finishing alone but I do give him the satisfaction of ranting to me about how it ended.

"Baby," he calls and I look up at him.

"Mmhmm,"

"You didn't eat anything. This is everything I made you for breakfast and lunch," he says holding the Tupperware in his hands.