XXXV

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Jordan's POV
•€•
February 29th

I'm covered in blood. Gabby lost so much blood. I can't wrap my head around what just happened.

My legs move weakly beneath me as I pace back and fourth. I've been in this emergency room for what feels like forever.

The nurse exits the double doors and I move towards him.

"Where is she? Gabriella Mason, is she okay?" I ask frantically.

"I'm sorry, Sir. You're going to have to wait until the doctor comes to speak with you," he speaks hastily trying to walk over to the another family.

This is the fifth nurse I've asked for information and they're all telling me the same thing. I just need someone to answer my question and quickly. I need to know if she's all right.

"No, I'm not listening to another person tell me that shit. It's either you tell me what the hell is going on with her or you get me someone who can," I huff.

The lid on my anger is slowly unscrewing. She was bleeding out in my arms. Her breaths were so faint when the ambulance took her.

She looked so scared and I felt so hopeless. I couldn't do anything to help her and all of this is my fault.

"Sir, it's either you calm down or you leave," he says.

I begin to speak but stop myself. The last thing I want to do is let them kick me out. She needs me. I know that if I say anything more and don't get what I need in return, things will escalate.

I clench my fists and walk away.

My baby is behind those doors fighting for her life and no one can answer me. My brain is barely functioning.

"Jordan...wha- Is she okay?" Maya comes running towards me. Bryson follows.

How do I tell her that her best friend got shot because of me? How do I even let those words slip from my mouth?

"I don't know," I clench my teeth. "They aren't telling me anything and I don't know," I say holding back tears.

Maya lets out a loud gasp. Her hands clench her chest as tears flow from her eyes. I feel so guilty. Look at what my stupidity has caused.

Bryson turns to her and pulls her into his arms as she sobs. Her cries are daunting. It feels as if we've already lost her.

"It's okay, Maya. She's going to be okay," Bryson consoles her.

"How could this happen? Not to Gabby...she doesn't deserve this," Maya cries. She's right. She doesn't deserve it one bit.

It should be me back there. Not her.

"Maya, I-I'm sorry," I speak hesitantly. I take all the blame.

She doesn't acknowledge my words but continues to sob against Bryson's chest. All I can do is walk away and continue to pace across the room.

I'd understand if Maya decides to hate me after this.

"Mr. Palmer?" The doctor calls. I don't even realize I'm walking until I make it over to her. I don't even give Maya and Bryson a chance to acknowledge her presence.

"That's me. How is she?" My voice barely comes out. Bryson grips my shoulder with one hand and holds Maya's waist to him with the other.

The expression on the doctors face makes my stomach turn.