•IV•

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
September 11th
I sat in the waiting room if the ER, leaned over bouncing my leg with my hands folded over my mouth as I squinted my eyes from the beaming lights hanging above me.

"Ms. Mason?" The nurse came into the waiting room with a clipboard in her hand and I braced myself for the worst.

"Yes?" I jumped from my seat. "That's me," I said nervously as I took a deep breath. I had been waiting for what felt like hours, covered in blood.

"Well, Mr. Palmer lost a lot of blood but luckily the bullet didn't hit anything important," the nurse explained and a sigh of relief left me. The room that once seemed as if it was closing in on me widened.

"They were able to remove the bullet and you should be able to see him in the morning." She ended.

"Um...okay," I said, still not knowing what to do with myself. Maya got up from my seat and wrapped her arms around me. My mind still couldn't fathom the fact that Jordan was shot. And it was my fault. "Can I see him?" I said pulling out from the hug and giving my attention back to the nurse.

"He won't be able to have any visitors until the morning," she sighed seeing the worried look that felt glued to my face.

"Come on. You need to get some rest," Maya said, wiping my tears. She grabbed our belongings and wrapped her arm around me once more.

"I don't want to just leave him here," I sniffled and Maya took face in her hands.

"Babe, he's fine. Let's let him rest and then you can see him in the morning," she said softly and I closed my eyes and nodded before she wrapped her arms around me, leading me to the car where she took me home and stayed the night with me.

£

The light shined through the tilted blinds, reflecting off of his skin as he laid still. He didn't look like he was in any pain but I couldn't help but feel phantom pain in my stomach where he was shot.

He jumped in front of a bullet for me. I barely knew him and he risked his life to save me.

I sat beside him and watched him breathe, grateful that he was okay.

I sat there for a while before I grabbed his hand and laid my head on his shoulder. I didn't get an ounce of sleep last night because I was scared something would happen and was waiting for the hospital to call me since I gave them my number in case of an emergency.

I laid there, staring up at him and held his hand tightly.  It wasn't long until I fell asleep.

"Your big ole head," I heard as I slowly woke up from my sleep. I eased up feeling a hand caress my forehead.

"Jordan?" I mumbled, my voice a little raspy. I was so tired and it took me a minute to come to my senses. "Should I call a nurse?" I asked as I pulled my tired body up to get one. He held onto my hand and pulled me back down towards him.

"No, I'm good," he smiled, pulling my hand back up to his chest, where I had left it when I fell asleep.

"You're not okay," I said, facing my lap and circling my finger on his chest. "You could've gotten killed."

"But I didn't." He squeezed my hand softly, causing me to look up at him. "I'm good. Imma tough guy." I chuckled a little watching him arch his eyebrows and scrunching his lips.