🌧

"So, you happy to get to stay here?" Katsuki asked.

"Yeah, I really am." I bumped into his side teasingly while we walked.

He tched.

"So, what made you wanna stay?" He asked.

"Well, I guess there was.. a lot of things." I said, tapping a finger to my chin.

"Eh?" He mumbled.

"I've always kind of thought that there was only a few things that kept me here of my will my whole life after losing my parents. Darry, and going to the same school my parents went to. But ever since I got into UA, I've experienced, a kind of feeling I don't know how to explain." I avoided Katsuki's gaze.

I found trouble finding the right words. "I've always been a little nervous to get close with people because I've feared I'd lose them or they'd end up being horrible. So I've been reserved and more.. quiet? It's not like I'm shy, I can talk to people. It's just I've more avoided it. But all our classmates, they shoved me time and time again and after standing up for Izuku that day of the entrance exam, I've learned that maybe not everyone is all that bad. They've helped me so much and I don't know if they've realized it. When I'm with them all or even just one I get these fuzzy happy safe feelings. That's the best way to describe it." I laughed.

"And I know I can count on them when things get rough. And, I've experienced a lot of rough. You know is it alright if I tell you something that might be a little sensitive. I can trust you right?" I said, a pleading look in my eye.

Katsuki nodded.

"The day I was released from the nurses office, and Tsukauchi took me to investigate my caretaker, she. Killed herself that night. And I witnessed her corpse first. She left us all alone when nobody was watching, I had been crying the whole time so I lost her. We ended up having to search for her and as the last place to check came, I had to go. I walked up the stairs that night and, I saw her." I looked to him, his eyes were slightly wider. They looked empathetic.

"It was horrible. She, was as pale as milk and you could see every purple and blue outline of her vains trailing her face as she hung still, her neck had cracked and was tilted sideways. She swung softly from a loose plank, helping support the roof. All I could do was scream, I lost balance from shock and I remember hearing Tsukauchi describing my screams in another room with Darry and some other older legal authorities on the case. It sounded horrible, hearing them describe it themselves even scared me." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"That image, of her. It often haunts my mind, especially when I'm alone. I hate the dark because of it, it's like I can.." my eyes became glassy.

"Like I can see the outline of her frame, hanging and swinging before me and it's just, it's just horrible." Tears began slipping out from my eyes. "I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like if it were to thunder or strike lightning if I was alone while it was dark. Call me crazy but it's like she truly is a ghost haunting me. Because no matter how hard I shut my eyes or pull my cover over it's like I can feel her still there. She follows me around everywhere." I gulped.

"But you know somewhere between the darkness and her image when I'm with the class, listening to Kaminari's dumb questions, Mina's laughter, Sero's jokes, Tenya's constant bickering, Izuku's mumbling, your yelling, Kirishima calling everyone manly, within all the chaos I find a feeling, one that tells me everything's going to be okay, I feel at home. I think I love you guys. That's what would describe the feeling." I smiled softly, looking to him.

"I guess you could say I like me better when I'm with you guys." I laughed a little at my small reference to a song I know Katsuki liked.

"I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause, I like me better when, I like me better when I'm with you." He lightly laughed, finishing the lyrics.

I smiled, my heart fluttered listening to him softly mumble the words and laugh after, he made me so happy.

He shoved his hand so his would brush against mine.

I looked up at him.

(A/N: do not say y'all all taller, for the sake of the fanfic, let's say you're all shorter, thank you 🤦)

I really like this boy.

I moved my hand back to his, and just as I was about to hold it, I felt drop of water splash on my nose.

I looked up to the sky, as did Katsuki.

"Oh no." I mumbled, as the crystal shard like rain came crashing down.

It was beginning to pour.

I flashed out my wings and covered us, and so down the soaked sidewalk we ran.

He slipped and I laughed as I helped him up, he had fallen in a huge puddle and had gotten all wet.

As we got to me and Aizawa's house, I welcomed him inside not wanting him to have to keep running in the rain.

As I clicked open the door, Aizawa stood behind it with an annoyed face.

I winced seeing his scary expression.

"I thought I told you.. to be back by ten?" He said, annoyed.

I stared at the ground, "I'm sorry, me and Izuku ran into Katsuki and then we ended up running into rain, also Izuku had to go home." I mumbled fast.

He shook his head and let us inside.

I set Aizawa's food on the table.

"I got what you wanted, sorry it's late." I huffed while plopping down on the couch.

"No." Aizawa said.

"It's a school night. You try to go rest, I'll drive Bakugo home."

"Awhhh alright." I whined.

I ran over and hugged Katsuki before scattering off to my room.

"NIGHT KACCHAN!" I yelled.

Bakugo POV

I stood still as a rock.

She hugged me, and called me Kacchan.

I don't know why it felt so good to hear it from her.

But damn did it feel great.

Aizawa eyed me as he led me out to his car.

I gave him the directions,

"wow you live pretty close." He muttered.

"Yeah."

He parked right in my houses driveway.

"And, I see the way you look at her. Hurt her and we'll have a problem." He said, while looking back to me.

A shiver creeped down my spine.

"I don't plan on it, emotionally, at least nothing she can't take." I mumbled, before excusing myself out of the car.