Growing🌳

The room was quiet for a bit.

"This isn't fucking fair." Darry muttered, his face twisting in an annoyed way I've never seen it.

"Do you understand you can't go around trying so hard to get yourself killed?! YOU AND DAD ARE ALL I HAVE. WHY ARE YOU SO BOUND ON NARROWING IT DOWN TO HIM?" Darry yelled, his eyes teary.

"YOU SHOULD CARE WHATS AT COST WHEN IT COMES TO LIFE AND DEATH GOD DAMN IT, Y/N!" Darry yelled again.

His voice had gone shakey and Katsuki sat speechless.

As did I.

I had never seen him yell like that before.

The tension in the air was thick.

And it was a while before anyone decided to speak.

Darry gently ran a hand through his hair.

His voice softening. "Just let someone go with you. Someone capable of protecting you."

"I won't forgive you if you willingly go alone and get hurt. Nor will I feel bad. Because I'm tired of this sick cycle of you playing detective. I know exactly what you've had in mind when it comes to this dangerous Pitch figure for a while now." Darry said, clasping his hands together in his lap.

I lightly nodded, feeling stupid.

It sucks it took for just about my only family figure besides Aizawa to knock the sense into me.

It was true. Everything he said was true.

I haven't been thinking clearly.

I'm not a detective, hell I'm not even a fucking hero.

I'm far from it.

I'm just a kid.

I could feel tears well up in my eyes but I bat them off.

I have no one to blame but myself.

Shit I'm such a baby.

"Okay. No more secrets, Darry. I promise." I said, looking him in the eyes.

"T-" he paused for a moment, seemingly batting back his own tears as well, "Thank you. I appreciate it."

"I'll take better approach to things from now on." I assured him, quickly rolling onto my back to stare at the ceiling.

God my ceiling was boring.

I should ask Da-.. Aizawa if I could paint it.

That's another thing I've been worried about recently.

I keep almost calling Aizawa dad.

I know it's dumb but it feels a little like I'm betraying my birth dad's memory.

He really was my everything.

I closed my eyes as the room went back to being quiet again.

And with that, my imagination began to wander off.

Flashback Start (9 years ago |you were 5|)

"Y/n!" My dad shouted happily as he looked to the sky, "come here, look."

He turned to me, motioning me over with his hands out.

I quickly waddled over in my slippers.

He and mom had taken me to the park to attend a glow stick festival, but dad had wandered off to a quieter place.

"You see what I see, Angel?" He asked, crouching next to me and pointing to the sky.

My eyes sparkled with the stars as my gaze looked to each one.

"Beautiful huh?" My dad smiled.

I nodded in amazement.

I sat down next to my dad, keeping my focus on the sky.

"You know, you and your mom, shine brighter than all of these stars here." My dad sighed, happily.

"No way." I giggled.

"Yes way." My dad smiled.

"Oh so this is where you two have been?" My mother's voice chuckled behind me.

"I brought some glow sticks. Do you guys want to make stars together?" She smiled, clearly noticing my dad had snuck off to see the night sky.

And there it was again, her smile. My dad couldn't have lied when he said my mom shined brighter than the stars.

Me and my dad both couldn't help but give goofy smiles back to her soft one.

"Yeah!" I cheered, darting over to her leg to hug it.

She laughed and rested her hand in my hair as my dad came over as well for her to ruffle his hair too.

I could hear him whisper lightly to my mom, "I love you.."

Flashback End

My hands rested gently at my sides on the floor.

Not a day goes by I don't think of them.

The thought of ever replacing them haunts me.

I'd feel such guilt.

They were so happy.

I was so happy.

But I guess there's no point in dwelling on it.

This is just growing up. Right?

Thinking clearly, that's just what I'll have to do.

I have Katsuki now.

Aizawa and Darry as well.

I've lost lots but it's not like I've gained nothing.

It was then Darry spoke up, "I think I'm gonna go to bed. I'll see you two in the morning."

He waved me and Katsuki off and walked out the door.

I could feel Katsuki's eyes on me as I laid sprawled on the fluffy carpet of my floor.

DUDES SO GUESS WHAT

DUDES SO GUESS WHAT. SINCE WE'RE CLOSE AND ALL AND I SHARE MY WRITING WITH YOU, I HAVE DECIDED I'M GONNA CRY ABOUT SCHOOL TO YOU. AND KINDA SHARE MY AGE RANGE BECAUSE I CANT BE THE ONLY YOUNGER PERSON ON HERE. I'M IN EIGTH GRADE. I HAVE ZERO CLUE HOW WELL OR NOT YOU CAN TELL BY MY WRITING, BUT I WONT BE GOING TO HIGHSCHOOL UNTIL NEXT YEAR. I'VE BEEN STRESSING OUT SO MUCH ABOUT GETTING INTO THIS ONE HIGHSCHOOL TO SAVE MY PARENTS MONEY FOR COLLEGE AS IT'LL HAVE ME TAKE FREE COLLEGE COURSES MY JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR. AND MAN AM I WORRIED I WONT GET IN. ANYWAYS, CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME GUYS, I HAVE TO WRITE A SAPPY APPLICATION ESSAY SOON FOR IT. 🫡

Your favorite bestfriend,

-Soren❤️