Lawrence's Quirk at Work

"W-what do you mean? N-no it's not." I fumbled on my words from the chatter of my teeth.

"3.. 2.. 1.. begin your match!" Present Mic cheered.

But as soon as I heard match, I fell to my knees, and everything went black.

Katsuki POV

I watched as she fell before me.

Something wasn't right.

I ran over as soon as I saw her lunge forward, I caught her in my arms.

She was as cold as ice.

I shivered at the freezing contact.

I lifted her head up, she had a tinge of purple in her skin.

Something was seriously wrong.

I raised my hand in the air.

What the hell, right before our match? Damn you.

"And the match goes to, Katsuki Bakugo??" Present Mic awkwardly announced over his microphone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aizawa POV

"You may come in Shota." Recovery girl beaconed me inside the room.

"It is with a heavy heart, that I carry bad news." The tone in her voice softened.

"I'm afraid it seems as if her insides are covered in frost and sharp ice. Y/n is bleeding internally and I don't think I could heal her without killing her in the process." A frown covered her face, "I don't think she will be making it."

I could feel my eyes widen.

I ran over to her bedside.

I brushed my hand on her cheek, it was freezing cold.

As I looked at her calm face, I felt my eyes begin to water.

Past

"Hey! Wanna go get ice cream?" Y/n cheered, rolling beside me on the couch.

She still acted just like a small child.

"Eh." I replied calmly, though I did want to take her out for ice cream.

I've never been the best at expressing myself.

But she was a persistent strong girl, and she dragged me along anyways.

"What're you gonna order?" She asked.

"Cookie dough." I replied, not taking my eyes off the menu.

"Ooh were next!" she cheered, pulling me up with her.

"Hello, welcome to Kanna's Ice cream, how may I serve you?" The blonde cashier asked.

"1 cookie dough ice cream, with extra chocolate syrup and marshmallows." I said, I could feel myself flustered from my order but I mean hey, that's the way to go when ordering ice cream.

"And you young lady?" The girl turned to Y/n.

"The same as my d- guardian." She fumbled on her words.

Was she going to call me dad?

I felt my chest flutter slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's how me and Darry snuck 50 boxes of girlscout cookies into the orphanage." She laughed, as she stuck her spoon in her empty ice cream cup.

"You know, you're really tough at school but outside of it you seem different." She said.

"Hm?" I hummed curiously.

"I'm not sure how to describe it but, at school you have this tough grumpy exterior but when we're outside of school, you act more like a caring parent. Does that make sense? Sure you're sarcastic and you have your moments but, I can't really help but feel so safe around you. It's the kind of feeling I had with, my mom." She put a hand to her cheek and looked away.

I could see her eyes glimmer.

"Don't ever let the troubles you face like what we did during the USJ attack break what you have. Battles and losses can harden people in ways you'd never imagine." Her voice became slightly trailed off, as she turned her head and looked into my eyes.

"I'd like to think that the more you see the more you can find reason to change, but I also feel the more you see just gives you all the more reason to stay the same. Because if you change from everything you see that you hadn't before, what will that make you? It'll take away that sense of wonder and difference every person carries until they let theirselves lose it."

"Have you ever noticed how everything seems so shiny and golden to children? Young children I mean, they'll talk to rocks if it's all that's there. Their imaginations run wild while adults look at it and can't seem to understand how they view the world in such vast ways."

"Like when you see sunsets and sunrises, the starry night sky or the clouds that cover the sun. They seem so bright, elegant, and colorful at first but after seeing them for the the thousandth time they begin to lose their significance to the average person despite the fact they're still the same. They're still just as beautiful, it's just that people have lost the will to view them the same."

"The love that you share with your students and those around you, never let that be your sunset. I haven't let the stars and sunsets fade for me, for my parents used to tell me this when I fortunate enough to be younger. So I've lived by this moral my whole life in memory of what they would've wanted." She laughed lightly.

I felt my chest tighten.

"I won't let them be my sunset." I mumbled.

I could hear her try to mumble something but I was so lost in thought I couldn't manage to make anything out of it.

She walked to my side of the table and pulled me up and in for a hug.

I lightly wrapped my arms around her and placed my chin on top of her head.

I'll never let you be my sunset.

You'll always shine to me.

Present

Tears were streaming down my face slowly.

I turned and banged my fist onto the floor.

Recovery girl sulked at the sight of me so perplexed and hurt.

"There has to be something we can do." I mumbled, through the thick tears streaming down my face. "I can't lose my kid."

We heard explosions outside the door and yelling.

I looked to recovery girl and wiped my tears quickly as I stormed outside.

Katsuki was on the ground on his knees crying.

He heard everything didn't he?

I sympathetically helped him up and brought him inside the room to Y/n.

We stood over her and watched her for a while.

He cried for her to wake up and I did my best to maintain my emotions for his sake.

"There has to be something we can do. I'm not going to stand around and let her die." Katsuki suddenly bursted. "Recovery girl. There has to be something we can do."

"Not that I know of yet, I think you should let your friends know of the situation." Recovery girl said sympathetically.

Katsuki lowered his head and began crying again.

I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll find a way to save her." I said, "I promise. I won't rest until she's back at home."