Sports Fest Pt. 3

"The first game for the first-years is finally over, and what a game it was! Y/n Cassiel set a record for the fastest finish of the Obstacle Course! It's been set several times in the course of different class grades over the years. Yet despite some of the grade differences, her time was one to remember as hers was faster by a long shot than any others." Midnight announced.

"Now let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?" Midnight exclaimed.

I took Katsuki's hand, I knew he wouldn't be happy where he ended up being placed.

"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine. Now, the deal fun is about to begin." Midnight licked her lips as some of the men in the crowd swooned.

I was comforting Katsuki about him getting 4th place.

He was resting his head on mine.

To be honest I was a little surprised he was being so affectionate in front of everyone.

But I guess he is pretty let down, and I tend to calm him down I guess.

I pat his back.

"Now the real fun is about to begin, the chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!" Midnight yelled.

Katsuki lifted his head up and looked behind him.

He looked determined as Midnight spun the board again.

Midnight was hyping up the spin while other students appeared nervous.

"Prepare yourselves, for this!" Midnight pointed to the board and is slowed and landed on "Calvary Battle."

"Im terrible at those." Denki muttered.

"I wonder how they'll split us up." Tsu questioned.

I whispered to Katsuki, "what is that?"

"Uh, I bet she'll explain, hold on." He said.

He took me by the waist and pulled me beside him, to listen to Midnight.

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course." Midnight proudly explained the rules.

"I get it, a point-based system like the entrance exams. That seems pretty simple." Sato mumbled.

"So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are on it!" Ochaco exclaimed.

"Uh-huh!" Mina agreed with Ochaco.

"Maybe you should all shut up and let me explain things to you! Now, then, as you can see it goes up by 5, so 42nd place is worth 5 points, 41st 10, 40th 15, and so on and for 1st place, the player is worth, 10 million." Midnight said.

"I'm sorry. What?" I questioned, shock crossing my face.

Well all fucking right, I'm in for hell but I can do this, hell yeah I can, I could beat anyone here into the ground with my quirk combination.

I bat my hands out nervously stepping away from Katsuki.

"Really?" The purple haired boy from the other week cockily let out.

"In other words, if you take down her team. You'll win the Calvary Game." Hatsume giggled.

Everyone began looking to me.

"Don't fucking stare at me. None of you guys'll catch me or my team, keep in mind what you all know about and saw from my quirk!!" I threatened.

It was as if they all got game face shortly after.

They looked scary.

No thanks.

"That's right. It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!" Midnight cheered.

"Sadistic assholes." I muttered helplessly.

"First years! These are the rules that you'll abide by: the game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your teams score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing- even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until the time's up." Midnight said.

"So it's everyone's game then." Momo contemplated, her hand was resting on her chin.

"And since there are 42 contestants, there'll be 10 or 12 teams fighting on the field the entire time." Sato grumbled.

"Sounds hard." Aoyama whined.

"You may use your quirks as much as you like. But there are still rules! Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified! Now, you've got 15 minutes to build your teams!" Midnight cheered, raising her hand in the air.

That's when Izuku ran over to me.

"Hey, you made a point earlier, your quirk could definitely keep your points safe for your team." He exclaimed.

"Yeah I know, still gonna be stressful running the whole time." I awkwardly laughed.

"Let's team up." He pleaded.

My eyes widened, "why?"

"Because we both have the best scores and nobody would be able to get them, and we're close, I'd be comfortable doing this with you." Izuku blushed, looking away.

"Sure then." I smiled.

"Technically.." I began, "we don't need any other team members, we could have you ride on my back, and we could fly the whole time." I suggested.

That's when Ochaco walked up to us. "Hey are you guys teaming?" She questioned.

"Yep!" I said.

"think I can join?" She asked, a tint of hope and pleading in her voice.

I looked to Izuku and he shrugged.

Well she's our friend, we can't just tell her no, at least I say so, I'm not about to abandon her.

Looks like my easy flying idea is out of the question.

"Yeah, of course come on, let's work a plan." I smiled.

A grin crossed her face and she happily hopped over beside me.

"Shouldn't we add someone else though?" Ochaco asked.

"Uh, well I had already thought of an idea that would involve only us but, we could. I'm thinking, Tokoyami if he isn't partnered yet. What do you guys think?" I said.

"Smart, his dark shadow could serve to watch us from behind if we end up needing to fly." Izuku nodded.

"Exactly!" I happily ran off with Izuku to find Tokoyami.

Ochaco stood in place feeling third wheeled.

She ran after me eventually.

I took her hand and pulled her close as we ran around frantically.

She sighed and smiled, feeling better.

Eventually we found him crowded by a bunch of people.

Me and Ochaco fought them off to get to him.

"Tokoyami."