Lawrence

As I sat in class next to Katsuki, I heard him groan.

I looked to him.

"Why're you moaning. ?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes and pointed to the front of the classroom, "here comes a new extra, great. Fucking hate all these idiots."

I rolled my eyes back, but at him.

"I would be hurt but I know you love me." I snickered.

He flushed pink and opened his mouth to say something, before turning to face the window instead.

That's when I decided to look to the front of the class.

I heard whispers fill the room. And within reason.

A boy had walked in.

He had pretty light brown hair and deep brown eyes. He was tall. But he had two cops at his side.

His hands were cuffed.

"Introduce yourself." Aizawa muttered.

"I'm Ira Lawrence, but I don't do that last name shit so you all can call me Lawrence. I'm a juvenile delinquent here to be "fixed." I was convicted of murder but however since they saw me as a promising hero that could be turned from my "past"" he sarcastically air quoted.

"They believe I deserve a second chance if I agree to be a pro hero, blah blah blah, something about me having an amazing quirk or whatever. 'Lawrence I'll gladly suck your ass because you have a cool quirk, we'll even let you get away with crimes and throw you back into school'" he mimicked, laughing.

Mina shakily rose her hand.

"Hm?" He hummed, turning in her direction.

She gulped and let out, "Why did you.. commit crimes?"

"Easy, forced to, but I get money out of it despite being forced so it isn't all that bad." He muttered.

"Who forced you?" Sero rose his hand.

"My kidnapper, so you guys can spare me the questions. I'll tell you my story. When I was little, I was put on a list that these assholes made of kids around 5-10, with good quirks. They made sure they were in that age range so they had no way to protect themselves when they would be eventually kidnapped if a spot at this old warehouse opened up. Basically they stalked a bunch of kids and heavily trained them for this Assassination company. Which I ended up helping the court debunk, so every kid there is now safe, some ended up having to do time though, but I was fortunate I guess. However, I've seen more death and probably caused more than any of you in this room have ever heard of. Am I proud of it? Nah, not really. Do I wanna change? Yeah I guess so, but old tendencies don't just disappear. So I guess what I'm saying is, be patient. I'm not a little dog that you guys have to pity either though so watch it. And I've never been one good with consistency, so don't expect much from me." He laughed, turning to face Aizawa.

The cops released him, taking his hand cuffs off and giving them to Aizawa.

They walked out after exchanging small talk with him.

"Go take a seat Lawrence, behind Y/n, Y/n, raise your hand." Aizawa muttered.

I rose my hand.

He walked over and sat behind me.

I turned around in my seat.

"I'm sorry you have to sit near him on your first day." I joked, pointing to Katsuki.

"Hm? Why?" He questioned.

"Oh trust me you'll see soon eno-" I was cut off by him.

"Oi, you talking shit about me, Angel Ass?" Katsuki glared at me.

"Aye, leave her alone." Lawrence said, glaring back at him.

"What does he mean by Angel?" Lawrence said, while leaning over his desk.

"Oh, well, it's kind of part of my quirk. I can show you sometime." I smiled. "If you want of course."

"I'd like it a lot actually." He smirked.

"Glad to hear it." I said.

He snickered.

"Shut it with your flirting, some of us are trying to actually learn here." Katsuki snarled.

"Damn, someone about to pop a blood vessel over a chat." Lawrence muttered.

"WHAT'D YOU JUST SAY TO ME BASTARD?!" Katsuki yelled.

"Shut up, all three of you." Aizawa shot at us.

Lawrence pulled out a small slip of paper from his bag along with a black fire printed pen.

He passed me the slip of paper after. And did a calling motion with his hand, we both burst out laughing at the cringey action.

I could practically feel Bakugo's fumes beside me.

-------------

Finally the class bell rang, I had one earbud in, and the other in it's case.

I lifted my head from its resting position against my arms.

"G'morning sleeping beauty." Lawrence said, he had knelt down before my desk.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. He stood beside my desk and held his hand out to help me up.

I took his hand and he smiled lightly.

"Hey, uh actually, wanna walk to the cafeteria together?" I asked.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. I was kind of hoping to explore the place a little though." He said, putting a finger to his chin.

"Well then, we can always get lunch together after school maybe?" I looked to him.

"I'll show you around, but I've only really been on the parts of campus I have classes on."

"You have my number, and yeah, let's go, and on the parts of campus you haven't been. So we can explore together." Lawrence smiled.

"Sounds good." I kept my grip on his hand as we walked out of class.

We ran through the corridors together barging through every classroom and jumping around.

I don't think I had ever laughed so much in my entire life.

I ran up to a window in the current classroom we had ran into.

I pointed out the window.

"Hey look! It's raining." I said, as I lightly pressed my hands against the cold classroom window.

Lawrence walked up behind me and put his hands on the window as well.

As the sky fell, the light in the room began to flicker, we heard a loud strike from outside.

Crap. Lightning.