ghost

[at the coffee shop]

"Unnie, I heard that your wedding will be next month?" Umji asked yerin. Yumji, wonha, and yerin are in a restaurant having their lunch together.

"Yes, I think so. Dad will also discharge this week from jail. After 5 years, he's free. I hope he already learned a lesson, he has nothing to boast anyways. We lost everything but atleast, in the day of my wedding, our family will be complete. However, i still don't believe him that he knows nothing about sinb" yerin answered as she chops a meat on their table aggressively.

"Six years, still sinb. Even you're getting married, still  sinb. Maybe even when you're having a baby, still sinb" sowon is teasing yerin.

"Unnie, how can I move on when an anonymous sender is giving me a sunflower every week? And we all know that Sinb was the only one who likes to give me that kind of flower. Aiishh I really miss her calling me sunshine!" Yerin whined. "Also! When I was about to forget her, I received a ring with a freaking note! A note that says 'it's not over'. So— how can i fucking move on???" Yerin said to the girls.

"As what you said, the sender is anonymous, how can you be so confident that it's sinb? Who knows? It might be your dad" sowon said as she leaned into the chair.

"You're getting married next week jung, it's not right that you're still into someone. Someone who left without goodbye, someone who didn't care about our feelings, someone who is hiding herself with unknown reason" Yuju said as she rolled her eyes. After what happened years ago, yuju got upset towards sinb. Yuju is known as sinb's bestfriend along with eunha but the difference between them is yuju knows nothing why sinb got vanished, while eunha, she knows everything.

"I mean— there's nothing wrong with yerin's feelings to sinb until now—even she's getting married. Remember, sinb and the guy she will marry has a lot of differences. Sinb is the standard, while that guy, he has no standard at all. He's a bastard. If i were yerin and I have to choose over my ex girlfriend and a stupid fiancé, well, I will choose my ex girlfriend until the end. Yerin is actually lucky to have sinb— she's smart, she's loyal, she's talented, she's pretty, even she has attitude problems sometimes, I'll choose to understand that over a guy who can cause problem to me forever" Eunha's statement makes them shock, it's their first time to see her so eager with this kind of topic.

"You will choose sinb, huh?" Sowon asked as she smirks. Jealous.

"Yes! IF I WERE YERIN. I am eunha so of course, I'll choose you~" eunha clings to her girlfriend's arm.

"Yes, sinb is the standard but it cannot change the fact that she's not here anymore" yuju said.

"Excuse me" A staff in the restaurant interrupts their unnecessary debate. "Someone send this flower to you, Miss jung yerin"

All the girls are stunned and looked at yerin as she received it.

"This is what I'm talking about! Someone send me this kind of flower all of the sudden" yerin said.

"Is she planning to give you a garden?" Umji jokingly asked.

"I miss ttin" yuju said out of the blue

"Wait, what if we'll try to look for her? We never did that since then, right? We always thinks that she's hiding and not missing that's why we didn't seek for her" umji suggested.

"Right! Yerin, your fiancé is warrant officer. I think he can help us!" Yuju's statement makes them pause and their expressions are saying like 'seriously?'

"Are you dumb? We can't tell it to her fiancé, he won't agree. Sinb might have the power to stop their wedding and we all know that even he doesn't like yerin, he's still craving for her since he's a jerk" sowon said.

"If I were you, I'll just wait for the right time. I know, she's coming back. Have you ever think of it, if sinb was the one who's really sending you flowers every week, it means, she knows where are you. Look, we're in a random place right now, yet, she knows where to send this flower" eunha said confidently.

"Ah, alright, let me excuse myself. I'll just go to the restroom" yerin excuses herself because she needs to clear her thoughts.

The rest room is kind of far from their table so she needs to make a lot of steps before she arrived there.

As she enter the comfort room, she looked at her face in the mirror. 'do you really have to wait more?' she asked herself.

*DUG!*

A loud bangs suddenly occur when a person is rushing to the rest room's cubicle.

Then later on, "Hey! Have you seen a person wearing hoodie?" Three guys standing at the door asked yerin. She was dazed.

"Uh- i didn't" she answered so the guys left her alone.

"T-they're gone" yerin said as she knocks at the cubicle where the person is hiding.

The cubicle's door suddenly opened and the person hugs yerin tightly. Yerin got dazed so she didn't utter anything. After that, the person left immediately as if nothing happened.

'that scent' yerin thought.

"Sinb..."

"Sinb??" She said as she leaves the comfort room.

She walks around the restaurant and looked at the people in there. She's looking for a person wearing hoodie. Finally, she found it. It was sitting at the corner of the restaurant alone.

She slowly walks forward and put her hand on its shoulder.

"Hi?"

"Oh, sorry—I apologize, I thought you're my friend" yerin apologies at the person, it turned out that the person who is sitting in the corner and the person she's looking for are not the same.

She went back to the girl's table with heavy steps.

"Yerin-ah! Look, it's a gift for you!" Sowon said as she raised a cake. Chocolate cake to be exact.

"Who bought it?" Yerin asked

"Anonymous sender. Again" sowon answered. "I think there is a ghost who is in love with you" she added.

"As far as I know, sinb ghosted her" umji said jokingly for the second time. They all laugh at the thought.

••••

At the end of the day, yerin head back to their house. House with her fiancé.

"Where have you been?" The man who is sitting on the dining table asked.

"Hang out with my friends" yerin answered casually and sit on the couch.

"You didn't ask permission to me" the man said

"Do i even have to?" Yerin said with confidence.

"Bitch, I'm your fiancé" he said as he threw his suit to yerin.

"How's your meeting with the VIP?" Yerin asked as she threw the suit back.

"The VIP didn't arrive. They said that she went somewhere important" yerin's fiancé answered.

"She? So the VIP is a woman?" Yerin asked.

"Maybe? I don't know, I didn't saw the VIP. The rumors said that she studied abroad until she graduated" he answered.

"Why do you call her VIP, by the way?" Yerin asked.

"She's a military captain"