19. Prepare to go to the County Town

After Feng Jiaojiao finished making Feng Zhao's coat, she spent another day making a pair of black pants for Feng Zhao's.

Feng Zhao tried it on, folded it, and locked it in the cabinet with his coat.

After Feng Jiaojiao finished making Feng Zhao's clothes, she didn't do any more. She planned to go to the county again to get some other cloth from the space, and then make it for her grandfather and parents. But it's really tiring to make clothes. When is the best time to save money to buy a sewing machine. The clothes of such a large family are too labor-intensive.

Feng Jiaojiao guessed when Feng Dagang would enter the county again. Feng Xinghua got married on the tenth day of the twelfth lunar month and would definitely go to the county to buy things.

This wait is more than ten days. When Feng Xinghua got married twenty days, Feng Dagang saw that the weather was good these days, so he was ready to enter the county.

Bai Wenhao, Feng Xinghua's object, is ugly and not tall, but his parents are dual workers, and he is also a regular worker in a textile factory. He and Feng Xinghua are engaged because Feng Dagang is the captain. There is also a brother and sister in the family, both of whom are married.

The parents of the Bai family are very fond of this young son, so the dowry gift to the Feng family is high, 200 yuan in cash, a bicycle, and a sewing machine.

Feng Dagang negotiated with Mr. Feng and Mrs. Feng Zhao to take their betrothal gifts to Feng Xinghua together, and then custom-made a wardrobe, a cabinet, and two quilts at the carpenter's place.

This kind of dowry is rare in the countryside. Whoever marries a daughter does not have to deduct all the dowry, but at least half of it should be kept!

After dinner the day before going to the county seat.

Mrs. Feng Li and Mrs. Feng Zhang packed up the bowls and dishes in the kitchen to wash them together. Feng Xinghua followed to help. The grandsons and daughters-in-law led the children back to the house. On the kang, there were only Mr. Feng, Mrs. Feng Zhao, Feng Dagang, Feng Dashan brothers, and Feng Jiaojiao who did not need to work.

"Father, I'll go to the county town tomorrow to see if I can buy grain and meat. If it's time for the banquet, I won't have meat and the Bai family will look down on it." Feng Dagang said to the old man Feng who was lit with shredded tobacco. .

Feng Jiaojiao was really not used to smelling this smell, it was too choking, but she wanted to take the opportunity to tell Feng Dagang that he should take her with him, so she had to sit here obediently and listen to their conversation.

"Well, let's go, ask your mother to get more money, and if you can buy some hard candy, buy less." Mr. Feng said after taking two puffs of the cigarette stick.

"I went to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy some salt, otherwise I won't be able to eat salt for the Chinese New Year." Feng Zhao added.

"Hey, okay, what else do you need to buy, I'll buy it all at once." Feng Dagang replied.

Feng Jiaojiao was anxious to find an excuse to follow. Last time she brought back so many things, Feng Jiaojiao didn't say anything, and no one from the Feng family asked. In the end, Feng Jiaojiao forgot about it.

"You don't need to buy anything else. Xiaohui will get married after the new year. Save it if you can."

Despite the fact that the Feng family has a lot of strong labor, they earn a lot of work points every year, but they have been married in the past two years, and they have not had a harvest in the past few years. , but Feng Zhao kept all Feng Aijun's money and didn't move it, and the whole family only spent the veteran's salary from the old man Feng, so the Feng family really didn't have much money.