Part forty three

Now it was time for the long walk home that everyone dreads, the unsuccessful return from a mission.
Hunter and his group were walking and Hunter hoped they wouldn't bring up him leaving without them, but then again, not all things are possible.
Hunter jumped over a large rock and bit into a grazing deers neck, killing it.
His friends looked in horror but couldn't say no to a feast after the long starving journey.
They ate the deer and Thunder began talking.
"Why did you leave us! You would have died if we didn't rescue you!" Thunder yelled causing Hunter to flinch.
"I was told not to." Hunter responded.
"By who!"
"Those eeveelutions."
Hunter tried to jump across a river but it was too large and he cut himself on a sharp rock, his friends failed to but sustained much smaller injuries.
Hunter pushed himself onto the shore and panted for air.
No! I have to keep going! No matter how much it hurts! I am not one of those weaklings!
Hunter struggled to his feet and began marching forward, his friends let him push himself so he could keep that fragment of self confidence he hadn't lost from being saved.
Hunter and his group were trudging through a terrible swamp and Hunter had to keep his wound out of the water.
Hunter saw a pair of eyes glaring at them from behind one of the few half dead trees.
Hunter sighed and urged his allies to walk faster.
Soon they had gotten out of the swamp and had reached a small hut.
They looked around and hesitated but decided they would knock on the door, all of their muscles and bones ached so none of them noticed that Hunter's limp was from injury.
They knocked on the door and waited, when no one answered they knocked again, they did this three times before decided if no one was home and they were to exasperated to fight back if anything from outside attacked them, the most this house could comfortably carry was one Pokémon.
They walked into the living room of the hut to find that it had a plush carpeted floor, the hut was much bigger on the inside than it was on the outside.
They all collapsed onto the carpet and fell into a sweet sleep, all except Hunter who lie awake.
I need to be alert! I need to be aware!
Minutes felt like hours, a door creaked open after several ours causing Hunter's heart to skip a beat.
Hunter thought of a way to hide his friends, so he ran into another room and opened a window, allowing a noticeable cold rush of wind to come in Hunter then dashed away and began causing other things to keep this Pokémon from seeing his friends.
"Hello?"
Darn it!
Hunter braced himself for battle and a kirlia stepped out from a hallway and looked startled.
"O' who might you be?"
Hunter tilted his head, they weren't even mad! They even seemed happy!
"Umm..."
"No need to tell me I already know, your name is Hunter!"
Hunter was shocked by the Pokémon knowing his name.
"I will let you stay in my house but you need to teach me how to get food and cook it."
"Why?" Hunter asked.
"M' parents died a year ago and I'm running out of stale ramen and river water isn't healthy to drink."
"Oh ok I can show you the basics, come with me."
Hunter led this Pokémon to the river.
"The first thing about surviving on your own is clean water, if you get sick there won't be other Pokémon to help you." Hunter said and scooped up some water in a pot.
"First you get a funnel, then you get some small twigs and put them in the bottom, then you get some gravel and put it on top of the twigs, then you put sand on top of that, then on top of that you put charcoal, and then you put pebbles, that will get visible dirt out of the water, to get germs out you boil it." Hunter said.
"Cool!"
Hunter showed her how to filter the water.
Hunter brought her to a wild boar.
"Some people might not like this... but it's how you get food." Hunter showed the kirlia how to hunt and how to find eggs and how to forage and garden, he also helped her cook.
"So do your friends want food too?"
Hunters eyes widened, how did she know, he kept them away!
"Sure." Hunter said sounding cooler than usual.
The kirlia gazed at him suspiciously.
"Thanks for the help!"
"We should thank you!"
They all ate breakfast and were soon on their way.