Pat fifty eight

They were at the mountains peek after days of climbing.
"So how can we be so sure your lead is correct?" Loko asked.
"Because." Hunter replied flatly, the group had been fighting the entire time they were climbing the mountain and it wasn't any different now that they had reached the top.
"I don't see anything here!!!" Loko yelled.
"Well than let's look a little har-"
*bang!*
Hunter turned towards the noise and saw eclipse, thunder, and bash standing next to a hole, a terrible smell coming from behind them.
Eclipse ran over.
"Hunter!"
The others however did not.
Some may say the eyes are the gateway to the soul, in this case it was true.
Thunder and bash's eyes were glazed over and dimmer, they were also darker and had lost their gleam.
*bang!*
*bang!*
*bang!*
A large thing that stunk of rot climbed out of the hole, limbs of many and face of many sticking out of it.
"Well this isn't the best day ever, whatever that is does NOT. LOOK. FRIENDLY. RUN!"
They sprinted off but thunder and bash stood there.
Something grabbed Hunter's leg and was pulling him in with unimaginable strength.
It was thunder.
But how? Thunder is so low leveled!
Hunter smacked thunders paw away and two slender black vines shot out of him one attaching to the monster and one attaching to Hunter and dragging him closer to the monster.