6- 7 years later

His POV

How long has it been?

The servants have tied me up and brought me to a different place...

I'm scared....

Where are you Carrie??

Suddenly the carriage door opens...

"Caroline!"

I break away the ropes that have my hands tied very easily. Tears of joy gush down my eyes as I rush to hug her body.

"Calm down..." She says patting my back.

Calm down? How can she expect me to calm down after leaving me alone for so long?

"Carrie I missed you!"

"How did you tear the ropes away? Aren't they made with magic" she looks surprised.

"It's easy for me"

"You can't do that..."

"Why not?"

"Because I say so? Is it not enough?"

"Of course it is! I'll do anything you say! If you ask me to kill myself I'll do that right here!"

"No...I don't need you to kill yourself. I need you to forget me..."

"I'm afraid I can't do that..."

"You said you'll do anything?" She smiles.

I turn my face away in guilt.

The last thing I can do is forget you...

It's my worst nightmare, I'd rather die than live without you.

She touches my face as usual, I feel her warm touch thoroughly not wanting to part with it ever again.

"Eric, remember our promise? You said you'll undo your brainwashing..."

Now it's my time for a bitter smile.

"Yes 7 years right?"

Her look changes to that of worry.

"Yes...by 7 years you will surely forget everything...Do not resist the servants, obey the Duchess as your own mother and try your best to excel here"

So she's asking me to prove my worth to her.

"Okay. But just for 7 years right? After that if I still remember you...you promised to stay beside me forever!"

She swallows down a lump in her throat.

"That will not happen...You won't remember me if your brainwashing is erased! You only love me because of brainwashing afterall!" She smiles to hide her nervousness but it's very obvious.

"We'll see!" I touch her hand feeling it's warmth thoroughly.

But she pulls her hand away, I look at it with lingering feelings of anguish.

"I have to go now... Do not misbehave with anyone. And remember to obey and protect the duchess, shes like your mother now!" She says.

I nod in agreement. Doing everything is easy for me but how do I stay away from you for so long?

No I've to endure it...

"Goodbye Eric" she says as she gets up on the carriage.

"Forget me." Sadness reflects her green eyes as she smiles at me.

Forget you? Is that a joke?

"7 years..." I remind her.

Yes 7 years, I'll have to withstand this torture for 7 long years.