68- Hopelessly in love

Getting back home, I immediately rush to my room. Even the servants look extremely surprised on seeing me running inside in my wedding dress.

"Milord? Whaat is the meaning of this? Why is the lady here? What about the wedding...? The celebrations are supposed to take atleast a day and it hasn't even been an hour!" The nanny asks.

"Let her be...She needs to be alone." The Duke replies.

"Don't tell me..." The nanny fears the worst.

"Yes...The wedding is cancelled" The Duke says coldly.

A grave silence takes over the whole palace.

The grand imperial wedding got cancelled??

And from the looks of it, it was cancelled by the royal family itself.

This was not only a matter of extreme shame but grave insult to the Vorsacks!

"How could they do this...? Even last week, they were eager for the wedding...I thought that the Crown prince loved our lady and wanted her as his wife?!" Nanny asks in disbelief.

"That son of a bitch doesn't love my daughter. He loved her power! My power! Both him and his father are a bunch of traitors! Even after I had helped The emperor to get the throne by assassinating his brothers, he does this to me!!!" The Duke curses.

"My god...How did all this happen!? How did he change his mind so suddenly, when he wanted to marry her last week itself!?"

"It's all because of him...that half bastard...Why did I free him?"

"Half...wait do you mean!?" Nanny gasps.

"Yes! It's him. Eric. The dog I bought for my daughter! The dog that should always have been under my daughter's feet...That fucker...He dared to ruin my daughter's wedding!?"

"Oh my god! That boy...I knew he was dangerous! He was a mutation that should not exist! I should have never agreed to the young lady's stupid request and let him go!! To think that within the short span of 7 years he has been able to gather so much power!? It is unbelievable!" The nanny exclaims.

"What's unbelievable is that I had let him go...I let him go knowing he how big of a threat he can be. It's just that...after Zerlasha, Caroline's mother's death, I can't bear to say no to her. I can't bear to reject her if anything! I always wanted the best for her...Thats why I feel like I have failed as a father today!" The Duke rubs his eyes.

"Please calm down your highness!! This is not the time to regret, we must make those fools pay!" The nanny says.

"Yes, you are right...I am going to kill them with my own hands! War! There will be a war!!!" The Duke declares.

His eyes burn with an incomprehensible rage, his hands itch to kill the bastards who brought tears to the eyes of his dear daughter!

"I understand...We had already started making preparations. But this time the enemies have grown in number..." The nanny says.

"I don't care how many I have to kill! Be it hundreds, thousands, I don't care! I'll surely avenge my daughter's pride!"

"Very well. I'll start preparing the knights and the mages. I'm confident in our ability to defeat the royal family but..."

"But what!?"

"But I don't know about Eric Arguens...That creature...Its dangerous!" The nanny bites her fingernails.

Being the head scientist who experimented on him since he was a young boy brought to the Vorsack laboratory to be brainwashed, the nanny knew how dangerous he was.