62-Ashes

*SPLASH*

The nanny splashed a glass of water into the man's face.

Tied down to the chair, drops of water trickled down his face, as Nine slowly opens his grey eyes.

"I hope you had a good sleep" The nanny smiles.

Nine grabs a hold of the situation very quickly. Looking around he realizes, he is in the underground chambers of the Vorsack palace. And not only that, his body feels weak and he could barely feel his mana.

"Was I drugged?" Nine asks.

Surrounded by guards, the nanny breathes out a sigh and sits down on the chair before his.

"You seemed to be a mage so we had to use some in order to weaken your senses" she replies.

"So this is the infamous Vorsack prison where the slaves are brainwashed?" Nine asks again.

"Yes, you guessed it right. But fear not, you are brought here for other reasons"

"And what might that be?"

"Just answer our questions to the best of your knowledge or else...."

"Or else?"

"Well, we can't guarantee that it will be a pleasant experience for you otherwise" She smirked.

Nine sighed.

"I wonder how Lady Caroline turned out to be so different after coming from an immoral family like this?"

"Let's cut the small talk for now and get down to business, young man" she frowns.

Nine narrows his eyes.

"So first question, who are you, and what's your relationship with the lady?"

"It's rude to ask another's identity without mentioning your own"

Nine's sharp eyes look straight into hers.

She was definitely no ordinary woman.

Especially those golden eyes of hers...

They looked extremely familiar.

Where has he seen them??

"Oh My goodness! Pardon my rudeness, young man!" The nanny exclaims, almost as if mocking him.

"My name is Leona, I have been appointed as the nanny of Lady Caroline after her mother's death..."

Then pausing for a moment she smirks...

"And I'm also the head scientist of the Vorsacks laboratory"

"Leona... Don't tell me you are that...." Nine gasps.

Once known as the 'Mad scientist', Leona Williams was infamous for her evil witchcraft all over the kingdom.

Kidnapping small children all across the kingdom, she would conduct countless cruel experiments on them.

When the imperial knights finally managed to infiltrate her laboratory, they found a horrific sight inside.