32- Hunter and the prey

It's our second day together at the resort. Although we are engaged but as custom demands, both of us have to stay in different rooms.

Not that I hate it though, I like my personal space.

Just then there is a knock on the door.

"Milady are you ready?"

"Yes, coming"

I promised Rion that we would go hunting together... Although I don't want to but I get a feeling that this is going to strengthen our ties a lot more!

I must take the chance and make it happen!

I greet Rion who's standing at the gate with a smile. He doesn't speak much, but he's always very courteous towards me. Which is actually quite unexpected since I always thought that he would be more snobby or boastful, I mean he's the crown prince afterall.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, your Highness" I say.

"It's absolutely alright Milady. It was a pleasure to wait for you" he smiles.

It instantly makes my heart jump. I don't know if its because I'm really nervous or Because he's so handsome....

We get on our horses with bows on our backs as we venture into the forest, Along with a few other men for assistance. All the time I felt extremely nervous about the whole thing! I mean I have never done anything like this before!

But what was waiting for me was completely unexpected.

Just as we reach the hunting grounds, the greyhound accompanying us starts barking as if sensing something weird.

The men get their weapons ready for a kill but to their surprise his highness raised his hand signalling them to stop.

At first I was confused too but then...

I see the dog barking at something that is caught in the hunting trap.

And I looked closer...

It was a human inside the net!

"Oh no poor thing...How did it get caught up in there?" Rion looked guilty.

But I felt that panic strike back again when I see that bright gold hair.

It was her!

It was Sophia!? What the fuck is she doing over here??

She looks at them with tear filled eyes as the men helps her get out of the net. She acts so frail as if she would fall down and die at any second.

What the hell man?

I stand and watch as the hunters bring her to us, it looks like she can barely walk

As if...! The woman who could control the whole church and even the whole empire acting so weak and frail? Yeah I know what you are doing Sophia and after what I saw at that church, this sight makes me laugh!

"Are you alright? How did you get over here?" Rion looks very concerned.

"I'm sorry...I'm lost!" She cries.

"Ahhh...I feel so weak! I think I'm going to..." She falls down over Rion who catches her with his arms.

My mouth widens with shock and disgust  as I watch her acting.

"I think she must have fallen in this trap by mistake!" A hunter says.

"Yes please forgive her your majesty!" Another one follows.

Wow she really has a nice talent for seducing men huh?

"I really didn't mean to spoil your hunt your Majesty but I don't have anywhere to stay and I'm lost in this forest!" She cries.

What are you scheming Sophia....?

I stay silent and watch her.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologise. My men can escort you out of this forest just tell them where you live." Rion says politely pushing her away from him.

"Your Majesty actually I..." She starts crying again, "My parents died in an accident and now I have no where to go...I just need a place to stay! I can do all kinds of work whether it is cleaning or cooking! If you just let me stay I'll do anything you order!"

My god... Don't tell me this is your way of getting closer to Rion and then brainwashing him using your body...!

"Oh dear that's so sad!"

"I can't believe how hard it must have been on her"

These men...They are so stupid.

I hope Rion won't fall for her trap atleast!

"I'm so sorry for that...I would surely help you" He says with pitiful eyes.

Wow what the fuck? I had better hopes for you Rion??

I don't even know what to say when I see things like this.

She looks over to me and just for a second...

I see a look of anger

But it disappears almost immediately and she wears that same pitiful expression again.

"What should we do Milady?" Rion asks me.

"Well we should give her a place to stay as she asks, I mean there's no harm." I say.

If I don't let her stay now I'll look like a bitch in front of everyone and Rion.

Now is not the right time to expose her...

"What's your name?" I ask her with a pleasant smile.

"It's Sophia" she smiles back.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Thank you for reading🥺 I wasn't feeling very well these days but your comments made me wanna write again🥰❤️