67- Star-crossed lovers

Using magic steps, I race through the crowd and stop in front of Eric.

His red eyes met my enraged ones...

Raising my hand, I slapped him hard across the face.

"I should have killed you..." is all I could say.

And immediately the guards surround me with their weapons on my neck.

"Just order us sir and we will kill this traitor right now!" The guard says.

But to their surprise, Eric calmly asks, "Drop your weapons".

And just as they removed their weapons, I slap him across the face again.

And again.

I raise my hand to slap him one more time but the guards detain me.

"You fucking bastard!! I really should have killed you" I shout at him as the guards hold me back.

"Please just give us the order and we will punish this wench right now!" The guard cries.

But before Eric can say anything, my father uses magic steps to close up behind Eric.

Unsheathing his sword, he holds it near Eric's neck.

"Touch my daughter and I will slice off this neck" Father glares at them.

He released such a terrifying aura off him that the guards stepped back, letting me go.

The guests in the audience gasp with shock at the sight of weapons.

"What is the meaning of this Duke Vorsack? Let go of him right now!" Lady Srivalline screams.

"Let go of him father," I say.

"Caroline!? But this bastard-"

"No not like this. I want to see him kneel down before me and beg for forgiveness...I want to see him in the most miserable state possible!" I say biting my lips.

The amount of rage I feel towards you is really incomparable, Eric.

Eric looks at me with his red eyes blank as ever. As if nothing really bothers them, neither the blade held on his throat nor the crowd of bystanders.

"And I will kill him with my own hands, father!" I say looking directly into his eyes.

"Understood." Father removes his sword.

"Now everyone present here listen up! I, Valis Vorsack, the Duke of Vorsack, swear by my daughter's name here today! Just like you said Rion, I am going to destroy you all! In 15 days, there will be the greatest war this Kingdom has seen!"

Saying that he storms out.

I look at Eric for the last time with my eyes burning with rage and then follow father out.

"Oh my god! Are you alright Eric?" Srivalline immediately rushes to help him.

"Yes, I am...But I just need to rest." Eric smiles weakly.

"Yes, you need to rest! Hey! Is anyone there?? Please take him back!" Srivalline orders.

The guards immediately help Eric up and take him back to his chambers.

"Even so how terrifying! A single woman able to hurt Eric and kill hundreds of knights like that..." The Emperor of Karlos says.

"Well, that's given, considering how she is the daughter of the most feared crime lord in Rivans! Alon with that she is skilled in black magic and very intelligent I must say," Srivalline adds

"Fear not! We will definitely punish the Vorsacks for their crimes!" The Emperor of Rivans assures.

Then looking at the crowd in the audience, he announces, "I want to swear in the name of Rivans that I will destroy the Vorsacks! And I request your sincere support!"

"Yes! Please kill those criminals, your Majesty!"

"We are all with you! We have always wanted to destroy the Vorsacks but feared their power!"

A smirk takes over Rion's lips as he glances at Eric who's leaving accompanied by the guards...

And Eric returns his smirk back.

Then returning to his inner chambers he sits back down on the bed and thinks back to her.

Her eyes were full of hatred and rage...

Her words were cruel...

She has always been cruel like this...

That is why he never had the courage to go against her.

But this time it was different...

He touches his cheeks which have turned red from her slaps...

"My love, if you hate me so much why didn't you kill me?" He smiles.

But his eyes soon turn into that of rage.

"I can do anything for you, Caroline... Anything but watch you become another's man's wife!"

"You must be feeling so betrayed right now. You must be feeling so angry right?"

"The man you were about to marry falsely blames you and discards you like a toy!"

"Hahahaha" He laughs maniacally covering his eyes.

Just then a woman dressed in a black hood appears out of thin air.

"Thanks for listening to my plan, Eric", she places her hand on his back.

Then brushing his hair back he narrows his eyes, "You were right Sophia! I must kill her family and everyone that she holds near and dear to get her! Only then will she...will she look at me!"

Biting her lips Sophia smiles bitterly. Her heart ached for Eric's love but as long as that wench was suffering...

She could gladly bear this pain...

"Are you sure it's okay not to kill Rion? I mean my hands are itching to kill the bastard who dared to look at her..." Eric asks.

"Calm down Eric..." Sophia pats his back.

"Rion never loved Caroline...he only loved her power. Or rather he was afraid of it. He was scared of the Vorsacks using him to gain control of the empire after Caroline becomes the empress" She says.

"Yes, that's true." Rion enters the chambers.

"I never loved her...I never loved Caroline. This marriage was just a political move. So you don't have to worry, Eric. Just like we had a deal right? I'll not marry Caroline and in turn, you will help me destroy the Vorsacks and regain control of this empire!" Rion says.

Eric doesn't say anything.

He just can't forget her face.

And the words..."I should have killed you"

They keep ringing through his ears.

Somewhere in his heart, guilt has started a wildfire...

The guilt of hurting her...

Even after holding him so dearly that knight, even after risking her life to save him...

He hurt her again.

Because he knew that the Caroline he loved was extremely cruel.

She was cruel and only pushed him away time and time again.

And he was selfish, he wanted to be by her side forever.

He covers his eyes with his hands.

"All we do is hurt each other like this..."

"We are truly..."

"Star-crossed".

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Link to the next part on my bio💖