72-Monster

"Yes, nice to meet you Gramps, you may call me Seven" The boy grins

"And this is Six" he says pointing over to the grumpy red haired girl.

"You are no ordinary brats...who sent you...?" The Duke asks.

"Well we are from the secret society"

Everyone in the room, including the guards draw their weapons up.

"What is the meaning of this!? Why are these intruders alive? The secret society is a terrorist group that should be killed at spot according to imperial orders!" The nanny screams at the guards.

"Hold your horses, Lady. According to imperial orders? But isn't t the imperial family your enemy?? And you know what they say about an enemy's enemy!" Seven smirks.

"Well atleast Caroline has something in her head unlike her family as she already reached out to us beforehand...!" Six adds.

"Caroline...yes it is true the lady met up with the secret society..." The nanny places her hand on her chin and stops to think.

"But sorry we can't let loose on the security for now...goodbye brats, it was nice meeting you" The Duke says gripping his sword.

"Oh shit, this is not what we planned..." Seven frowns.

"Drop your weapons and release them instantly."

Everyone gets surprised to see Caroline standing at the door with her arms crossed.

"Milady...you should be resting right now!" The nanny says.

"Do you expect me to  sit and do nothing like a doll!? Because I am tired of that!" I reply.

"Caroline...these are intruders, we need to execute them instantly!" The Duke says.

"No, they are my friends. I need to talk to them...You can't treat them like that! Release them instantly!" I order the guards.

The guards obey my order.

"Six...Seven...Does the leader have any message for me?" I ask.

"Yep Caroline! We came all the way here to convey that to you but this is how you treat us!?" Six retorts.

"Sorry...Can we talk please?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, you will definitely say that now but that doesn't change the fact that you insulted us!!"

"Shut up and get to the point" the guard points his sword at Six's neck.

Six gets a nervous again at the sight of their sword.

"Fine! Fine! But can you atleast remove your sword!" Six says.

"Don't try anything funny..." The guard warna drawing his sword back.

"So won't you offer us a seat?" Six asks me.

"Yeah sure, please have a seat, both of you" I answer.

Six and seven take their seats.

"So snacks?" Seven asks.

"Do you wanna get killed?" The Duke glares at them.

"Okay okay got it...Geez didn't know the nobles are so rude! Like aren't you guys supposed to be crazy on manners and etiquettes?" Seven frowns.

"I'll ask the maids to bring in snacks for the both of you...But first please tell me what the leader has informed!" I say.

"Okay...well basically he said that the secret society will be supporting the Vorsacks in the war." He answers.

"And also..." Six adds.

"We would be needing your help to defeat Eric Arguens."

Just at the mention of that name everyone present in the room gasps.

"Me?" I ask, surprised.

"Yes, you."

"There's no way I'll allow that motherfucker to play with my daughter anymore! I'll kill him before that!" The Duke screams.

"Calm down Gramps...I'm sure you guys already know of it. Eric Arguens is a half-blood. No matter how powerful you Vorsacks are, your black magic won't work on him. I mean you have already tried it before right? You tried to brainwash him but that never worked! And if you face Eric Arguens head on, it's a dead end!" Seven explains.

The Duke gets angry but doesn't find any words to speak.

He was aware of the extreme mana Eric possessed.

But how could any father let his daughter with a man so dangerous?

"I will do it" I say.

"Caroline!? It's extremely dangerous!" The Duke screams.

"I think it is more dangerous for you all to face him. We are all aware of his powers and even if you can defeat the imperial family you won't be able to defeat him." Seven says.

"Besides, if he truly loves you as you claim him to...Then make him listen to you" Six says.

My eyes widen in surprise.

She's right.

If he loves me he will listen to me.

Actually all I crave from him...

Is to be heard.

But why doesn't that happen?

"Make it happen, Caroline. Right now you are the only person who might be able to stop this war" Six says.

I take a deep breath and reply, "I'll do whatever is required. Let the leader know, that I want to meet him"

"Caroline?? Are you really sure about this?" Father asks.

"I don't see any other choice right now" I sigh.

Eric...

Just what the hell lies ahead for us?

I am so tired of fighting this system.

I'm so tired...

And the reason is you.

I hate you.

I hate you so much.

I regret ever meeting you.

I regret not killing you.

But this time I can't let you do as you want.

I knew you were crazy....

But crazy enough to start a war for me?

Do You not think of all the lives that will be lost from your actions?

You are really a monster.

To defeat a monster you must become one.

And if I'm the only one that can defeat you then...

I'll have to to become a monster myself.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

More chapters on my patreon❤️🥰 link on my bio❤️