69- A tired princess

After breaking off the wedding with the Vorsack's only daughter, the public knew that the war was unavoidable.

The Vorsacks had the largest army of black mages, which made them undefeatable. And not only that they had superior equipments and knowledge.

To combat that, Rion devised a plan.

The churches were used to spread hatred and fear against the Vorsacks and then encourage young men to join the imperial army.

"This is for the future of Rivans! If the evil Vorsacks win would take our kingdom from us and the dark age will begin!" The high priest cries before the public.

"No way! We won't let that happen!" A man cries in the crowd.

"We must protect our kingdom at all costs!" Another man says.

"My brothers! I love your devotion! You will be rewarded by God if you join the army to defeat the Vorsacks!" But fear not as the God is with us and we would definitely win!" The high priest says.

"I'll do it! I'll join the army to serve my kingdom!" The men cry.

"I'll do it too!" Their cries echo in unison.

Dressed in black hoods, Sophia and Rion secretly watched everything from a corner.

"See? The church is the best way to manipulate the public and I have the church completely under my control. Do you know what that means?" Sophia asks looking at Rion.

"What?" Rion asks without looking at her.

"You need me Rion. You need me, if you ever want to win! You shouldn't have denied me on that night at the resort!" Sophia reminds him of the night at the imperial resort when she tried to brainwash him.

"First of all, it's his majesty. Do not address me by my name. Secondly, I'm not interested in becoming any woman's brainwashed servant" Rion frowns.

Sophia narrows her eyes in anger, "Oh so you are so bothered about becoming my servant but it never hurt you to become that woman's servant huh?"

"What the hell do you mean?" Rion raised his voice in anger.

"Don't act so stupid Rion! You and I both know that you would become a servant of Caroline and her family after your marriage! She was marrying you for status and you were marrying her for her family's power! You wouldn't hesitate to suck up to her and look at you now? Getting your male ego hurt over it? Hah! You are really surprising!"

"Shut up, you half blooded witch! Do you want me to reveal your true identity and burn you here in public?" Rion screams.

"Rion you don't know who I am! My father is the king of elves and you wouldn't dare to speak like that to a half blood like me if you truly knew my power!" Sophia screams.

"What the hell are you doing?? Do you want to alert everyone over here about our presence??" Rion looks around to see if anyone noticed then or not.

"Oh now you are bothered? And funny how you insult me for being a half blood but didn't hesitate before surrendering to Eric!" Sophia mocks him.

"Sophia!"

"You think I didn't know? I know how Eric threatened to kill you unless you break off the engagement with Caroline! And you didn't wait to twist lies in front of the public so that you can defeat the Vorsacks with Eric's help!"

"Yeah? Fine, even if I did that so what? So what Sophia!? As the future emperor of this Kingdom, I take the side of whoever is more beneficial to me. I don't care if I have to cast Caroline aside, if I have to protect my throne! I was marrying her to secure my position anyway!" Rion admits the truth.