51- Freedom

Eric's eyes never change...Even when his vision finally grows dark...even when he finally looses it...

Till his last breath he loved her...

"I love you Caroline..."

The hand that caressed her cheeks, drops down leaving back a trail of blood on her skin. He collapses in her her arms...

Then laying his head on her breast, he finally closes his eyes...

An overwhelming feeling of horror takes over my whole body...

"Eric??" I call out his name.

But Eric didn't make a sound. It was like he was in a deep peaceful sleep, like after a long time he had finally found his safety and solace.

"Hey wake up??" I touch his face frantically, trying to wake him up.

"What are you doing?? You can't die like this you bastard!?Wake up!!"

Without even realising, tears fall down from my eyes on his bloody face.

How did we end up like this??

Did I really...

Did I fucking kill you?

With my own hands...?

Just then the world around me turns black.

The room I was in disappears into darkness and now it's only me with Eric in my arms...

And at a distance...

She stands with an all knowing smirk ...

The original Caroline...!

The Villainess of this novel!

"Hahahaha!" She laughs out loudly.

"This is what I was waiting for...This is what I wanted to see!"

"The end of Eric Arguens...!" She sneers .

Then walking up to me she claps her hands as if congratulating me.

"I knew you could do it! I knew that if it were you...if it were you...You could do it! I knew it when I saw you for the first time!" Her green eyes looked crazy with pleasure.

"What? What do you mean by that?" I ask in surprise.

"Well it's right in front of your eyes Risa? You finally killed this man! The man whom even the strongest warriors and even the most skillful mages, even, I Caroline Vorsack myself couldn't kill...You killed him! Risa you killed Eric Arguens!" She clapped her hands together.

Risa... I haven't heard that name since a long time.

That is my real name, the name of the ordinary girl who got transmigrated into this crazy novel.

"Before you...there were many others" she says.

"What?"

"There were many other girls who were reborn in that body of mine. I brought them here after they died accidental deaths while reading this novel. Their souls got sucked into this time and space. But none of them could figure out the plot of the original novel and actually no one ever took this route. They never discovered the secrets of the church, they never stopped the half blood bitch from brainwashing both Rion and Eric, actually they never...Set Eric free from the Vorsacks in the first place!" She explained.

"That's right it all changed when you set him free...! The whole novel took a different turn from there! That bitch Sophia didn't set foot in Rivans in those 7 years because she followed Eric to Karlos and tried to destroy it by bringing a plague but wasn't able to succeed because the great sage appeared. Even though she gained control of the church later in Rivans, because of your quick wittedness she couldn't get into the imperial family by Brainwashing Rion"