75-2 days

"So the reason you have done all this is..."

"Yes, I did that to keep him out of my way! So that no one stops me from destroying Eric!"

"Haha..." The leader let's out a light chuckle.

"Why are you laughing...?" I am very surprised.

"Hahaha" he breaks into an even bigger laughter.

His empty laughter echoes through my ears...

Empty enough to be mocking me...

"Excuse me!?" I charge at him.

"I'm sorry but this is the first time I'm seeing woman wanting to destroy a man who loves her"

"..."

"Well love is a thing like that...A man will gladly destroy in a woman's love." Zero smiles lightly.

"A love that hurts me and the people close to me...I can't accept a love like that!" I say.

"I know...I know that Lady Caroline and I do support you in that. But I do one thing, that you hold the leash to one of the most dangerous creature in the world. Use it wisely, Lady" He narrows his eyes.

I look away.

I'm already this scared...why are you scaring me even more?

I am aware of how dangerous he is.

I'm aware of how terrifying he is.

That is why I want to protect the people I love from him!

"Don't worry, you will be able to achieve your goals. As long as it is you I'm sure you will be able to do it" He smiles.

Those words remind me back of someone...

The original Caroline...

She had said the same thing to me.

But just when I am lost in my thoughts, I see Nine come alive from thin air.

"This is bad!!! They are planning to attack us!!" Nine screams.

Everyone present in the room is shocked.

"What!? What happened Nine!? Why do you look like that!!?" Six asks.

"Who is planning to attack us!?" Seven follows.

"It's Eric Arguens and Rion, they are planning a surprise attack on us!!" Nine says.

"Oh my god!? That can't be true- " Three gasps.

"I concealed my aura by invisibility and heard it with my own ears. They are planning to attack us very soon!

"I think the Vorsacks had already predicted that...The time that they have given us to surrender is the time they want to plan a surprise attack on them" Zero says.

"But what they couldn't predict is that they will lose..."

"What do you mean!???" I ask.

"Yes. The Vorsacks will lose if they face Eric Arguens head on. They may defeat an army of thousands, they may defeat nations but not that man! Because I doubt even the great sages combined will be able to defeat the creature he is!!" Zero says.

"Then...what shall we do!?" Six asks.

"Hmm..." Then turning towards Nine, "When exactly do they plan to attack us!?"

"Tomorrow morning..." Nine answers.

"Got it. And where exactly is Eric Arguens staying?"

"Inside a mansion in the capital."

"Understood. Well then Caroline, I think the time is here..." Zero says looking at me.

I understand instantly what he means and nod.

"Wait what do you mean by that leader!? Why are you looking at Caroline!?" Nine asks.

"Because I'll be the one stopping him. Since he is the problem, I will stop him there and buy time for you guys to defeat the army." I say.

"No...No way!? How can you go alone to stop that bastard!? Don't even think about it Caroline!!!" Nine screams.

I get surprised as this is my first time seeing Nine loose his cool.

"What?"

"I won't let you get in danger anymore Caroline! I will protect you with my life! There's no way I can let you face to face with a monster like that!"

"Please keep your mouth shut Nine! I am already tired from dealing with my father I can't deal with you anymore!" I scream at him.

Nine is also surprised at my rude behaviour.

I don't want to be rude to the people close to me...

But I have no other way...!

"Nine, I have already told you before that whatever decision it may be, it will be Last Caroline's. So let's not force our thoughts on her" Zero says.

"But you don't understand! This is about her safety! How can you let her walk into the devil's den!?"

"Nine... you don't have to worry about that. And for a matter of fact it has only been a few days since we met. I don't think you need to be so concerned about my safety!" I say

"Lady!?" Nine gets shocked at my words.

"Please stop interfering into my business." I say averting my gaze from his shocked face, pleading for any sort of clarification.

But I won't be giving him any.

I know how hard my words sting...

I know it very well.

The father who would give up his life for me...

I hurt him.

The friend who saved my life...

And now I have hurt him too.

But there's no other way.

I hurt the people close to me, so that they stay away from me.

Because I don't want him to destroy everything so near and dear to me.

That's why I'll push them all away!

There was a dead silence in the room and no one dared to speak single word.

Because everyone knew what it meant by facing Eric Arguens head on.

To think that I would be going there all alone...

When even the greatest warriors don't have the courage to...

"It's decided then...!" The leader breaks the silence.

"Lady Caroline,you will be holding Eric Arguens back at his mansion. While we face Rion!"

"I am ready to do it." I say without any hesitation.

"You need to hold him back in that mansion for 2 days atleast. Hold him back at all costs!"