60- Gaslighting

"Yes it's unbelievable but its true! It all started when my father, the Duke of Vorsack bought a slave from the black market for me..." I start explaining the whole story to them.

But the more I explained,the more shocked their faces became.

"Unbelievable...! So you are telling that Eric Arguens...the crown prince of Karlos is a half blood? And that boy used to be Vorsack slave before being adopted by the Duchess of Arguens..." Nine gasped in shock.

"Yes and I mistakenly believed that he was brainwashed when he Actually..." I swallow a lump in my throat.

"If you are going to make up a story at least make it believable!" Six sneered.

"Hah that angelic Eric Arguens, that man is a half blood? That man is a forbidden creature like the woman named Sophia you mentioned yesterday? And not only that, he is a ruthless tyrant who kills people without hesitation and works together with Sophia to bring the Elf rule back? You expect us to believe farce like that!? How dare you speak of him like that??" She screamed at me in disbelief.

"Do you even know what you are talking about? Rumours about Eric Arguen's generosity has spread all over not only in Karlos but also in Rivans and the neighbouring empires! He is known to be extremely charitable towards the commoners and of course his selflessness knows no bounds! People worship him like a god! That...That Eric Arguens is a cold blooded murderer??" Seven looks crazy with shock.

"All that you know about him is a facade! It's the image he has crafted inch by inch for all these years just to get to power! In reality he wouldn't hesitate to burn down the whole world to ashes just to...just to get to me!" Overcome by guilt, my throat tightens.

If you kill for me...

Doesn't that means I have blood on my hands too...?

"What the hell are you even talking about?!? You want us to believe that... That guy is in love with you now??" Six sneers, her face is covered in disbelief.

I Can't  even blame any of them...I had a hard time believing all this madness too!

But I have to get them on my side...I have to have people on my side!

Especially when that crazy motherfucker is after me...

"Woman you have gone crazy! You expect us to believe this garbage? Actually do you even have any proof to support your claim??" Seven screams.

"I...I don't. I know that he hides his half blood presence and even changes his natural silver hair to black and I know he's extremely good at it." I say.

"Hah We don't believe any of that! You can go tell that stupid story of yours to someone crazy like you!" Six mocks.

"I don't believe it too." Seven crossed his arms.

"Lady...its truly unbelievable..." Nine averts his gaze from mine.

I look over to Alan and he shakes his head in despair too.

Shit...No one is believing me! Everyone is taking Eric's side and acting like he's some kind of god!? They are acting like I'm the crazy one when it's literally him!

My whole body feels weak, I can't move for now...

What am I supposed to do in this situation? Who am I supposed to go to? Is there really not a single person by my side??

"Are you sure everything you have said just now is true?"

When I'm about to give up, the great leader speaks up.

"Of course it is true! Although you may not trust us, but even my family, our best mages, can confirm the truth about him being a half blood as brainwashing never worked on him! Also...there is Duchess Roseanne, he may have fooled the entire world but he couldn't fool the eyes of the woman who raised him as her own child!  She knows how ruthlessly he murdered her brothers and manipulated the public, when he was just a child!" I am screaming at this point.

"Hah! How do we trust your family and that woman? How do we know they aren't liars!? Of course those people will lie for you because they are on your side!" Six argues.

"Silence Six!" The great leader raises his hand to stop her.

"But-" Six was about to say something when the leader glares at her.

Immediately Six shuts her mouth.

It looks like they fear and obey the great leader very much.

"I will ask you again, Lady Caroline Vorsack, whatever you stated about Eric Arguens just now...is all of it true?" He asks looking me right in the eyes.

I take deep breath and answer

"Yes Sir, everything I said about him is true as per my best knowledge! Or rather none of it is a lie!"

The great leader pauses to think for a second.

Does he believe me???

Then he raised up his head to look at Nine.

"Gather all the members at the meeting hall right now! We have to hold a meeting urgently!" He orders Nine.

"As you command, Sir." Nine bows down and leaves the room.

"Leader... don't tell me you..." Seven gasps in shock.

"Yes. I believe that everything Caroline Vorsack has told about Eric Arguens, The now crown prince of Karlos is true." The leader declares.

My heart fills to the brim and tears rush down from my eyes...!

Finally...

Finally, someone believes me!

"Thank you...Thank you for trusting me!" I cry out in Joy.

"Leader!? What is the meaning of this?? Are you really trusting that woman over Eric Arguens? Don't you know she belongs to the noble family of Vorsacks that is filled with cold blooded criminals!? Why are you trusting her over that man who is comparable to God!?" Six screams.

"Calm down Six, you are too young. When you reach my age, you learn how to judge people by their eyes. And the eyes of that lady over here, speaks the truth, I could tell that the first time I saw them" Zero answers.

"Hah that's...that's bullshit! That...that can't be true...An evil woman like that...She is a Villainess! How can you side with a noble when we, the members of the secret society have only one purpose that is to overthrow the nobles and power! That is what you said to me when you had saved me from the nobles who tricked my poor father and took his everything, be it our house or the little money we had saved and even his life! They are the reason my father had to commit suicide after swimming in debt! And not only me, almost all of us here have been exploited by the people in power! That is why you have gathered us all here didn't you? So that we could take revenge! " Six continues to argue.

"Do not let your hatred cloud your judgement, Six. It's true that all the people I have gathered here are victims of people of the power and we are bound by a collective hatred for them. But hatred shouldn't cloud your judgement and make you blind before the truth!" He says.

"I don't know what is going on but if that leader says that then I'll go with it." Seven says.

"I trust Lady Caroline too!" Alan smiled.

Outnumbered, Six shuts her mouth reluctantly.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

I made the right choice in finding people who would be on my side.