48- Pain

"Here is the dress you asked for, Milord" she brings a gorgeous lilac dress.

"Keep it here and leave." He says still looking down at Caroline's unconscious face.

"But..." Lina is shocked.

Does he mean that he plans to dress the lady up all by himself??

"What is it?" Eric asks.

"No-nothing...I just thought you might need help with putting that dress on..." Lina says.

"No need, you may leave" he says in a low voice.

It seems that the Lord doesn't want anyone's involvement regarding his lady.

Then Lina leaves quietly shutting the door behind her.

But nothing bothers Eric as his mind and body is deeply engrossed with his beloved.

He sits by the bed admiring her beautiful face. How he wished to get close to her like this! Every night, Every day, His every waking moment, he spent in thoughts of her!

If he could, he would cut his heart out and show how it beats for her and only her.

He removed the strands of hair off her face with his fingers, while his eyes moved down to the disheveled clothes. He couldn't bear to watch her dressed in rags like this! She deserved to wear the finest dresses and adorned with the  most expensive jewels! He would give her everything she wants, but she never asks him of anything.

Perhaps in her eyes, he's still the dirty slave that wasn't deserving of the Vorsack Princess.

But has he not worked hard enough? Has he not achieved enough power to be her equal? Why is it still not enough? Why did she still choose another bastard?

His mind grows mad with these questions, while his hands reach out to unbutton her clothes.

He wished for her whole, he wished to see her everything! He wanted her to feel the same way he feels.

Slowly unbuttoning her shirt one by one, only to reveal her undergarments underneath. Then carefully lifting her torso up, he removes her shirt off her body. It wouldn't take him much long to just tear the dirty shirt open but he made sure to be extra careful when it was with her.

But with his hands finally on her body, he felt as though he had got a hold of the entire world in his arms. Forgetting about dressing her up, he wraps his arms around her frail body and brings it close to his chest. How desperately he wanted to feel her, like this from so close, no gaps in between!

Her chest pressed against his, two heart beats becoming one...!

If only he could he would stop the time like this forever...

But just then...

His eyes falls on a small light in her pants pocket. It was a dim blinking light in red, one that would only glow from an advanced magic device.

He instantly reaches out to it and brings out the device from her pocket. After a close examination he finds out that its a magic device that sends tracks location.

Wrapping his hand around it he crushed the device into pieces.

A location transmitter? That means whoever has the controller to this device knows where Caroline is right now...

This is bad...

If it's the Vorsacks then they will not let go of this easily...

He has to carry out his plan as soon as possible...!

Otherwise he would loose his everything just after getting so close to it...

No he can't let that happen... losing Caroline would mean losing his life!

The unconscious Caroline who was still in his arms, slowly started to regain her consciousness.

She opened her eyes to find herself half naked, in his arms.

She almost screamed to find herself like this! In a moment she pushed him away with all the force in her body.

"What the hell do you think you are doing!?" She covered her chest in shame with her hands.

"You are awake Carrie..."

"You disgusting bastard! Where the hell are my clothes!?" She screamed.

"Here..." He reached out to the dress and handed it over to her.

She snatched it away from him and wore it quickly.

"What were you trying to do? How dare you bring me here at night??"

"What else? I was just changing your clothes" he answers.

"And who gave you the permission?" Her voice is sharp like pieces of glasses, even the maids outside get curious as to what they are quarrelling about.

But he doesn't have any answers. Her disgusted reaction deeply hurt him.

"Is it because you belong to someone else now?" He asks finally, but his voice cracks up with piled up emotions.

"Huh?"

"Is it because you are engaged to that son of a bitch???" His eyes are filled with sorrow but his voice burns in rage.

"I don't belong to anyone else Eric. Neither to you nor to Rion, so stay in your limits."

But no matter what she says it's not enough to make him forget the pain.

The pain of abandonment, the pain of feeling uneeded...

They tortured him alive for all these years...

Since childhood after losing the affection of his parents, she was all he knew...Her existence was like a light that was his reason to live!

Now just the thought of her pushing him away made him go mad...

Dark energy started leaking out of his body...

Caroline recognised that aura...

It was definitely not a good sign...

She had made a huge mistake after setting him free from the Vorsack basement and let him become this powerful...

She realised she had set out a mad beast free!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Read my webtoon the lost women! link in my bio! Also don't forget to subscribe for more updates💖