64- Calm before storm

"Yes, you have heard it right! Since he has forgotten his place, I'll make that boy remember it"

"I'll make him grovel down before my daughter's feet because that's where he belongs!"

Those were his final words.

After he left all that followed was a grave silence.

"He must have lost his mind" Nine was the only one who spoke.

"That is Eric Arguens we are talking about. And right now he's the most powerful man in Karlos" Nine replies.

"Don't underestimate the power of Vorsacks" the nanny replies.

"But even so, Rivans and Karlos have been peaceful nations for more than half a century! A war would mean destruction and loss of so many lives!" Nine says.

"We don't care how many lives are lost as long as our Lady is safe! And for that if it means to..."

"Do you think Lady Caroline will want that? Do you think she would be happy if you kill so many innocent people!?" Nine cuts her off.

"What?"

"From what I have seen the Lady will never support this! She will never support the deaths of so many people!" Nine screams.

"Ah about the lady...It would be best if you do not stress her at all. Her condition is really bad..." The doctor explains.

The nanny bites her lips, "If only I didn't let her go...If only I didn't listen to her and let that slave go..."

"It's best if we don't mention any of this to the lady...Right now she needs to rest!" The doctor says.

"Yes, that's right." The nanny sighs.

Then turning over to the guards, "Let him go"

"So you are you letting me go?" Nine asks.

"Yes, since you have saved the lady we won't hurt you, young man"

Nine doesn't say anything.

But deep inside his heart burns with hatred for these people.

They disregard the lives of others and abuse their power.

But no matter how hard he tries, he can't hate her.

Caroline...

He wonders how she is doing right now.

It all must have been so traumatic for her.

If only he could be of any help...

Nine clears his throat and asks, "Can I meet the lady?"

"She's resting now, so it will not be possible" the doctor replies.

"I see"

But that wasn't enough to make Nine forget her.

He wonders if it's only possible to meet her once.

But he understands that now isn't the right time.

"Well then, I'll be taking my leave now" Nine stands up to leave.

His mana levels were still weak but he was slowly recovering.

For now he decides to leave the Vorsack's manor and stay low until his mana levels recover.

Hours later...

The nanny opened the door to the Duke's chambers.

"Are the preparations going well?" The Duke asks.

"Yes, it's all completed now all that is left is getting the imperial family's approval" the Nanny replies.

"I'm sure both the Emperor and Rion would agree to this decision. Rion would be visiting Caroline today..."

"Well about that Milord, the doctor said that it would be best if the lady is not stressed, afterall she was..."

The Duke swallowed a lump down his throat.

"I have failed as a father...Caroline...I could not protect her" He covers his eyes.

"I don't know how to face Zerlasha in hell! I promised to take good care of our daughter! She is the only thing I have left of in this wretched life!"

The nanny averts her gaze in guilt and sorrow.

Not having a mother figure, The Duke appointed Leona as Caroline's nanny. She was there to teach Caroline everything and turn her into a perfect Vorsack.

She wasn't there to stop Caroline in anything she wished to do and give her enough freedom that she wanted.

That is why she didn't stop her when Caroline wished to free the half blooded slave from Vorsack's control.

But the move had only backfired them.

That dirty slave undeserving of Caroline...

He's the reason why she's so miserable right now!

Leona felt like she had failed her duty as Caroline's nanny...

"This is different from our calculations, Milord! But please allow me one more chance to rectify my mistake, I'll kill that slave myself!" Leona says.

"No Leona...That's not our job! Our job is to bring that slave in front of Caroline and make him grovel down before her feet! It's her decision what she wants to do with him!" The Duke sneers.

Then with a smile that would send chills down anyone's spine.

"If it were me, I would cut that boy's head off in front of the public!" He says.

Leona's lips curled up into a smirk too.

They were the Vorsacks, the most feared people in the entire Kingdom.

There was obviously no one who dared to stand in front of them.

Not even the imperial family.

But they were to arrogant.

Nine who was listening to everything from the window outside the room narrowed his eyes.

Although weak his mana levels were enough to get him invisible.

Afterall, he was one of the most talented wizards of the empire.

But the only thing that ran through Nine's mind was...

What a huge mistake they were about to make.

Even if they were the Vorsacks...

Underestimating their enemy was not the right decision.

Especially when their enemy was Eric Arguens himself.

A person like that...

He was too dangerous to be made an enemy of...

Normally Nine wouldn't care but...

Caroline was involved.

He couldn't look away no matter how hard he tried...

And Nine could feel it.

It was the calm before a storm.

Eric Arguens wasn't the type to sit quiet.

He would be making his moves from behind.

This was bad.

He needed to inform Caroline about it as soon as possible.

Otherwise it would too late.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Sorry for the late update I had a lot of stuff going on for these past two months.
Thanks for waiting 💖 love you guys

More chapters on my patreon.

Link in my bio 🥰💖