45- The Secret Society

"I'm going to visit the members of the secret society!

The nanny's face grows confused.

"Pardon? Did you just say the Secret Society?"

"Yes", I answer cheerfully.

"But- how is that possible? The people who live away from the public eyes... The people who hate nobility and power...No one knows their true identities...Then How will you manage to visit them?" She asks.

"Yes it's true that the members of secret society hate nobility and I am the daughter of The Duke of Vorsack but- "

"But?"

"I have got this" I wave the letter I received at her.

On the envelope, it's written with shiny golden ink, "Secret Society".

The nanny is shocked, "How did you manage to get invited by them? Actually how did you even connect with them when they have managed to avoid even the best of the imperial knights!? "

"I have my ways" I smirk.

The nanny stops for a moment and says, "I don't know what ways you are referring to but I don't think it will be safe for you to visit them. They hate nobility and there's no guarantee that they will not try to harm you if you meet them..."

"I'll be carrying a magic device with me that will send you my location. In case I do not return before midnight, send the guards over immediately" I say.

The nanny agrees reluctantly.

I know that this is going to be unsafe but I'll have to go there alone!

The truth is the secret society are a group of highly brilliant people from different walks of life who are united by the hatred for power and nobility. No one knows their true identities but they are responsible for many of the crimes against the nobility including robbery and murder. They are known to rob nobles and give to the commoners, as they believe in true equality. The original novel described them as the 'revolutionary force of resistance against power'.

They were only mentioned in a small arc, where they planned to carry out the assassination of the crown prince Rion but he was saved by his fiance, the righteous nun Sophia, who punished them for their sins.

But now I know who's the real sinner, It's the nun herself!

I need to gather people by my side if I want to defeat the holy church which is controlled by Sophia.

And I know this for sure that the secret society also hate the church for what they do.

But of course they would never join hands with me, if I approached them directly because they would despise my Nobility and status.

So I used my pawn, Alan.

Alan is an impoverished commoner and on top of that a child who is shunned by Society. The secret society is very pitiful towards people who are struggling at the bottom of the society. Of course they would have extend their helping hand to him!

This was what I asked of Alan, to find the members of the secret society and give them my letter.

In the letter, I explained in detail whatever I know about the church and also about Sophia. I revealed my identity, but was a little doubtful that they really wouldn't help me because of my status.

But they reached out to me!

The contents of letter were very short, they only gave me the location and time to meet them. They also strictly mentioned that I must visit them alone.