20-Versions of the Truth

We reach the Vorsack mansion very soon on our horses. We undo our disguises and rush inside the mansion.

The maids are very surprised to see us.
Both me and Laura have terrible looks on our faces from what we saw a while ago.

"What is wrong Milady? You both look like you have seen a ghost!" The nanny exclaimed.

"We have seen something worse..." Laura says.

"What do you mean? Didn't you both visit the holy church??"

"There's absolutely nothing holy about that place!" I say.

"Huh? Milady You said something about finding the secrets of the church ?? What was that about? Did you find something?"

"I-I have no words! I have no idea how to explain what I saw in there!!" I rub my temples.

"Laura tell me what happened? Did something bad happened to the lady??" The nanny asks Laura, worried.

"No... Nothing bad happened to the lady or me thanks to her quick thinking we managed to escape from that fucking hell!" Laura answers.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Yes Madam...the Lady was right all along! At first I didn't believe her too but it looks like the church is doing something very Dangerous behind the closed doors. Hidden chambers, Extortion, sex and much more!

Laura explained everything that we saw from the beginning to the end.

"Impossible? Do you realise what you are talking about? This is a grave sin! If this gets out in the public...Even the imperial family...no the great sages may have to get involved!" The nanny gasps in shock.

The great sages are the ancestors of the 7 men who are said to have freed the human world from the elf rule many years ago. The 7 men were blessed by God with divine powers because of their years of devotion and meditation. They killed the powerful elf king with the help of those powers and divided the world into two parts: The human realm and the elf realm. A magical barrier divides these two worlds which is forbidden to cross by any human or elf. However many hunters and other magic users cross this border illegally to hunt elves and sell them in the black market. And some even have relationships with elves, just like Eric's parents. When they are found out, they are of course executed on spot, even their families are executed!

Although the original great sages are dead, their great grandchildren continue on their legacy and make up the council of the great sages. The Holy churches are a place of worship for the god that protects this world. There is one of them in every empire. They were made to protect the empire from falling into the dark hands of elves or other evil. The priests and the nuns of the church also have divine magical powers to protect the empire and they are operated by the great sages indirectly.

It is also a place of worship for the public and is very much honoured for their purity.

"I don't think the great sages know about what was happening over there...But the weirdest part is that they mentioned of holding a ceremony for someone named Sophia!" Laura says

"Sophia? I remember Lady Caroline mentioning her...? She said that she was a nun right??" The nanny asks

"Yes. It seems that Sophia is behind all of this...She must be their leader!" Laura exclaims.

"Incredible!? An underground Secret chamber inside the holy church...priests and nuns engaging in dirty acts, and behind all of them a woman named Sophia???" The nanny is very shocked to hear it, "But Milady how did you know about all this and especially Sophia? You said that she was a nun... but I never heard of anyone with that name...and now you are telling me that she's the leader behind this whole church!?"