76- To Protect

"You need to hold him back in that mansion for 2 days atleast. Hold him back at all costs!"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath...

"I'll do it."

"CAROLINE!!??" Nine screams

"What is it now?" I ask.

"You can't do that! You understand!? You can't do that at any cost!!!" Nine looks like he will go crazy.

"You don't decide what I will and will not do! Keep your mouth shut and stop messing with my life!? Like who do you think you are to do that!? When I don't let my own father have a say, why do you think you have any rights over me!?" I scream at him.

"Caroline...how...how could you?" His lips quiver.

"Can we please get him out of this place!? Heck! Whose permission am I asking for? This is my palace, I don't want him here!" Then turning towards Nine,"Will you get out of here by yourself or do I need to call the guards to drag you out!?"

Nine lowers his head and gulps down a lump in his throat.

"Fine if you want me to leave, I'll leave." He says softly.

His voice sounds at the verge of breaking.

He tries his best to hide it but fails miserably as tear drops fall from his eyes.

He rushes outside without another word.

"Hey! Nine wait!" Seven who noticed it tries to stop him but it's too late.

He was gone.

"Did you have to be so fucking harsh!?" Six lashes out at me.

"Why are you mad at me? Weren't you the one who asked me to face Eric!? Tell me who over here is willing to face him!? Who over here is going to jump into the pond to stop him!?" I scream at them.

The hall grows silent.

"None of you actually have the guts to do that do you!? Do you think I'm not scared!? Do you think I can face a monster like that calmly!? I know...I know how fucking scary that man is...And that is why I..." I bite my lips.

That is why I don't want him to hurt the people I care...

Because he plans to kill everyone around me so that I don't have anyone to turn to but him!

That is why...

That is why I have got to push people I love away from me!

That is the only way I can save them!

The leader puts a hand on my shoulder making me look up from my deep thoughts.

"Shall we start Lady Caroline?" He asks.

I nod.

The leader opens a map on the table.

"This is where we are..." He says pointing towards our palace in the map.

"And this is where Eric Arguens is currently" He points at the mansion Eric is staying.

"6 miles, approx 12-13 minutes" Three says.

I get surprised by his calculation from just a simple observation.

"They must not know that we are aware of their attack..." Six says.

"But how do we stop them then?" Seven asks.

"Simple. We need to ambush them. They will be taking the forest route, so it will be easier to hide over there" Three replies.

"But it will be bright in the morning...It will be difficult to hide in the light" I add.

"That's got nothing to do with us, Lady. We are the members of secret society, and one of our most honed skills is to hide our aura through invisibility magic" Eleven replies.

"I see...So you will be using your invisibility to ambush them in the forest!"

"Yes. But what we need to worry about is the number of men we are dealing with. If it's less than 500, I think we can deal with them easily. But any more than that will be difficult for just the 17 of us..." Eleven worries.

"There will be atleast 2000 men we will be up against" Three says.

"What!? But thats-" Eleven is shocked.

"The imperial family will be using its best mages to deal with the Vorsacks. And right now their royal mage academy has 2000-2500 trained adult mages, so I am sure they will be sending them to deal with the Vorsacks" Three explains.

"But 2000...even for us that's too much!!" Eleven says.

"You can use our mages!" I say.

"But lady will they be good enough to ambush the top mages of the country??" Seven asks.

"You underestimate the Vorsacks! Our mages are trained in black magic, which is clearly superior than any form of magic. There is no way they can be overpowered by them!" I say with confidence.

"That is not enough...We need to deal with two nations...Even if we are able to defeat the mages...will we be able to defeat the huge army of men Rivans is raising?" Six asks.

"Dealing with the mages will be the difficult part. Dealing with the army of men, will be much more easier for our mages." I say.

"It seems like the victory is in our side! Because there is no way normal warriors can stand a chance against black mages!" Seven smirks.

"Yeah...but we need to be cautious about their numbers. The crown prince is trying to recruit all young men into war remember?" Two reminds.

"Even if we face them...it will be a bloodbath! Many lives will be lost!" Five cries.

"We can't allow that...We need to find another way" I say.

"But what other choice do we have?" Ten asks.

"We can't do that...How can we snatch those young boys from thei mother's laps!? How can we make their happy wives turn into widows overnight?" I ask.

"Lady...this is not the time to let our emotions cloud our judgement!" Twelve says.

"Stop it you all and let the lady speak" Zero says.

I take in a deep breath and say, "let's take the crown prince Rion, as hostage and force them to submit" I say.

Everyone stares at me in surprise.

"That way we can stop this war!"

The leader let's out a smirk.

"I was right about you Lady...you will definitely be able to do it"

"I have to do it! There's no room for failure!" I say.

"Well then, we'll have to sneak you inside the his mansion where you need to keep him stopped for atleast 2 days."

"We'll begin our plan at midnight!" Zero announced.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

More chapters on my patreon!

Link in my bio💖🥰