73-At her feet

I take a deep breath and reply, "I'll do whatever is required. Let the leader know, that I want to meet him"

"Caroline?? Are you really sure about this?" Father asks.

"I don't see any other choice right now" I sigh.

"It's decided then! All of the secret society members will be here soon! We can discuss our plan then!" Seven says delightfully.

"What!? Who all will be here? You must be crazy!" The nanny exclaims.

"No we are not! The leader already knew Caroline would say yes! So he made preparations beforehand." Six says.

Unable to find words the nanny looks at the Duke who is equally dumbfounded.

More than the fact that the notorious members of secret society were standing inside his palace before him...

He was surprised that his daughter being a member of Vorsack family and extremely disliked by the secret society was able to connect with them!

That's when he realised how foresighted his daughter was! From the church incident to now...She has always been ahead of her time.

"Great...Nine will also be here right? I need to talk to him..." I say.

I feel bad about being so cold to Nine before. I must apologise to him...

"No, I don't think he will be here" Seven says scratching the back of his head.

"Why won't he...?"

"He...well he..." Seven stutters.

"He doesn't want you to face Eric." Six answers.

"But why?" I ask, surprised.

"Huh." Six rolls her eyes, "How are you getting all the boys?"

"What???" I am even more confused.

"Nothing" Seven covers Six's mouth, "She just says weird stuff all the time!"

Six struggles to remove Seven's hand, "Hey whaph da hal u doiph??"

"Will you just shut up for a second? This stupid girl!" Seven whispers into her ears.

With him so close Six starts blushing.

"Uh? What is going on? Will someone care to explain us?" The nanny asks.

"Nine...he is my friend." I answer.

"Yes, I know. He's the one who informed us about what happened to you" Nanny says.

"He...did?" I ask surprised.

"Yes, he's not a troublesome fellow unlike these two" She says, pushing her glasses up.

"Hey watch your mouth, you old hag or we will show you what real trouble is!" Six says finally removing Seven's hand.

"You keep your mouth shut or I'll cut your tongue young lady" The guards instantly cross their weapons in front of Six.

"Geez it was just a joke...calm your asses!" Six gets nervous at the sight of weapons again.

Just then few other guards rush inside screaming.

"Bad news Milord!!! A few mages have broken inside! Our men are trying to control them!"

"What? Who are they?" The Duke asks.

"They claim to be members of the secret society!"

"Oh? Let them inside. I want to meet them" The Duke says.

"Pardon? But they are intruders and it might be dangerous..."

"Just bring them in..." I order.

"As you command..." The guards leave.