Chapter 5

"Why does Potter always get the special shoutouts?" Draco hissed as we left the DADA classroom. "The boy who lived. Doesn't even make sense! I'm the boy who lived, too! Remember when that bird tried to kill me last year?! Don't see me bragging about that!" Draco complained as I laughed. "Did you hear what that git, Moody, said about the imperius curse?! Some people claim it was used on them to do their deeds for you know who. Obviously a jab at my father," Draco continued to go on an angry tangent. "Wait until he hears about it. He'll be furious." He spat, causing me to chuckle lowly and shake my head.

"I don't like that guy either," I sighed. Draco spun around to look at me.

"Who? Potter?" He quizzed, causing me to crinkle my nose and laugh.

"No. Moody," I chuckled. Blaise wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked with us, trying to get in on the conversation. Ahhh, the third wheel at his finest.

"Mmm, so you like Potter." Draco accused. I let out a forced laugh as I looked at him.

"You are on one today," I mumbled, shaking my head slightly and looking forward instead of meeting his eyes.

"Why didn't I hear a 'no'?" Draco whispered in my ear, so close that I could feel his breath on my neck. I shivered once and pushed him away with a smile.

"You need help." I laughed. Blaise didn't move his arm and continued guiding me along the way to our next class. "Um, not that I don't get enough of your friendliness, Blaise, but what are you doing?" I chuckled. He glanced at me innocently and pointed to himself as if to ask if that's who I was talking to.

"Oh, nothing. Just heard some Durmstrang boys talking about how much they liked you this morning at breakfast. I'd prefer it if they didn't try storing you away in a broom closet to shag during the school day, so I'm trying get a message across. I figured this position screams 'Back off! She's taken!,' right?" He said confidently, keeping his arm draped over me. I burst out into laughter, thinking of the idea of Blaise being my 'boyfriend'.

"Then let me do it." Draco hissed, throwing down Blaise's arm and replacing it with his own rather quickly.

"Okay, but that will never work seeing that everyone knows you two are just friends." Blaise responded like it was an obvious answer, this time throwing down Draco's arm and putting his back where it was. "You two walking like this is too normal, it doesn't scare anyone." He laughed. My smile dropped slight, but I tried my best to maintain it.

Just friends.

"Oh, and I'm sure all the buff 7th years from Durmstrang are buckling in knees at the sight of you, string bean." Draco spat. I let out a loud laugh before I covered it with my hand and looked at Blaise's face.

"I'm so sorry." I mumbled, letting another giggle slip. He put on a fake frown before he spoke up.

"Is that anyway to stick up for your boyfriend?" He asked me dramatically, making his voice break on purpose like I had truly hurt his feelings.

"You're letting this go to your head already." Draco mumbled, pushing Blaise's arm off and pulling me into his side once more. Merlin, make it end.

"I heard the Weasley twins tried putting their names in the Goblet." I giggled as I cut apart my steak dinner. "Those two are hilarious. I had a class with them in the Spring term, and they were constantly finding ways to ruin the lesson for Professor Flitwick." I chuckled, thinking back on the memory.

"Oh, yes. They're terribly funny. So funny that their entire family sympathizes with mudbloods and muggles!" Draco said sarcastically as he kept his eyes on his plate. "Bunch of blood traitors. They are a laughing stalk to the pure blood dynasty, that's the only comedy they have." He mumbled. I poked his side with my finger, causing his angry face to meet my amused one. His eyes softened as he saw my grin, and his face returned to its normal look.