Chapter 9

"Look how gorgeous it is outside!" I exclaimed as I looked out a window in the corridor. "You're trying to convince me you don't want to go out there?!" I asked Blaise as my giant smile stayed plastered across my face.

"What on earth would we do?" He chuckled while his back was leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets. His smirk was full of amusement as he watched me jump up and down like a little kid. The snow was blanketed so thick over the grass outside you couldn't see anything but the white sheet.

"Snow angels! And snow ball fights! And sledding across the lawn! And-"

"You are one of the most childish people I have ever met." He laughed again, turning to face me so he leaned on his shoulder. "I suppose we can get changed and go, if that's what you want." He sighed, his smile still lingering. I nodded my head quickly as my smile only got bigger.

"Come on!" I chanted, grabbing his hand and sprinting towards the dungeons with him. He followed behind me closely, mimicking my laughter as he did. I pulled out my wand quickly and opened the common room entrance.

Blaise pulled back on my hand and brought me to a stop before I ran towards the steps. I stumbled slightly before his hands caught my shoulders.

"5 minutes. Meet me back in here, I'll get Crabbe and Goyle," he told me. I nodded my head understandingly before I sprinted up the stairs.

Draco had told me he had important things to do today, but never exactly told me what they were. If I had to guess, it was wallowing in his own misery and self loathing before passing it on to others with horrible and snarky remarks.

That was mean. I didn't say that, oops.

I entered my empty dorm and dressed in warm clothes. I quickly braided my hair so it would be pulled back and out of the way before I threw a knitted hat on to keep my ears warm. I wrapped a Slytherin scarf around my neck and took one last glance in the mirror.

I sprinted down to the common room and grabbed Blaise's hand without slowing myself down. The other boys laughed as they watched me drag him around like he was my pet.

"Would you please stop pulling on me?! It hurts!" Blaise whined. "If you want me to hold your hand, all you have to do is say the word." He said cockily. I chuckled lowly as I heard him and stopped pulling so harshly. We ran out one of the side exits before Gregory tackled me into the snow with a laugh.

"Ohhh," I groaned lowly as my face scrunched in pain. "Sud-" I tried getting the words out. "Suddenly I'm done." I pushed the words out even though I had no air in my lungs.

"You idiot! We just got out here!" Blaise shouted as he shoved Gregory backwards. "Em, are you alright?" He asked as he kneeled down next to me. I shook my head as I grabbed my right arm.

"It's hurts really bad." I winced, keeping my eyes shut tightly from the pain. Blaise let out a long sigh before he carefully stood me up off of the ground.

"So much for snow angels. I get you out here for five seconds, and you're broken." He huffed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and leading me to Madam Pomfrey.

My brain was awake, but I didn't dare open my eyes yet. I could tell by my raging headache that whatever light was in the hospital wing, it would make everything feel so much worse. I let out a groan as I restlessly moved in the bed.

"Emmy?" I heard a voice ask. I kept my eyes closed, and my grogginess couldn't help me figure out who it was seated next to me.

"Drake?" My voice cracked from lack of use as I responded. I heard a sigh, which I figured probably wasn't the best sign.