Chapter 21

"I'm sorry you had to get me out of trouble this morning." I told Draco quietly as his eyes stayed on the lake outside his dorm window. He had been giving me the silent treatment majority of the day, annoyed that I had gotten involved in the first place.

"Don't make a habit out of it." He huffed, keeping his answers short and calculated.

"I won't. I'm really sorry." I mumbled, guilt flooding my veins as I stroked his blonde hair back. But he didn't smile, or turn to look at me. He kept his eyes out the window, a blank expression on his face.

"You gotta stop talking to that kid. I'm sorry, but I can't watch you be friends with that bloodtraitor any longer." He seethed, standing from his bed and leaving me behind. My brows furrowed as I listened to his words. "Seriously, Emelia. He's nothing but trouble. That's all that comes along with Potter and his stupid name." He spat, turning to look at me with anger.

"Why are you fighting with me? I didn't even do anything." I whispered, wondering if he was seriously this mad at me over something so stupid.

"Because you need to stop associating yourself with him! Do you know how bad it looked in class today when you sided with him?" He asked me tiredly, tugging at his hair and letting out a groan.

"You know it's true, too. Did you want me to lie?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes as his were dark. He shook his head lightly, trying to figure out his next words.

"Yes. Do not associate yourself with anything that has to do with him anymore. Do you understand?" He asked me lowly. "Things will just end badly for you." He huffed, leaning his hands back on Goyle's work desk.

"Okay." I choked out, turning my gaze down to the bed sheets and fiddling with my rings in my lap while I had my legs crossed under me.

"Are you seriously going to cry because I asked you to drop him? For fucks sake." Draco hissed, pacing across the room and entering his bathroom. "You'd think as not only my girlfriend, but my best friend, you'd respect me enough to do as I ask." He shouted so I could hear him properly.

"I will," I said weakly, and I wasn't even sure the noise had traveled far enough across the room for him to hear. He came back out and sat himself next to me.

"Then why are you so upset about it?" He spat back at me, his eyes narrowed and his brows knitted together deeply, forming small crescent shaped wrinkled at the ends of them.

"I don't like when you're mad at me." I admitted, keeping my eyes off of him and on my hands. His hand grabbed my chin for a minute, forcing me to look at him. The veins in his neck were tightened and I could tell he was gritting his teeth as he looked at me.

And then it all softened. His dark eyes faltered and turned warm and ocean- like again. His grip on me didn't feel so harsh. In a swift moment he had me pinned against the bed, his lips colliding with mine aggressively.

"We heard Gryffindor is holding their tryouts at the pitch this morning, and we're all going to watch." Draco snickered, rubbing my hair back on my head as our limbs were tangled under his blankets. "Care to join? Or do you want to stay here and sleep a little longer?" He asked, trailing the back of his hand down my cheek and soothingly rubbing my skin.

My eyes stayed shut as my hands were still pressed against his warm back under his t-shirt. I shook my head while it rested against his chest as I let out a long breath.

"I'm gonna stay here. Don't cause too much trouble, please." I pleaded with him, and I could only imagine the smirk that was growing on his lips as I didn't look at his face.

"You don't know me at all, do you?" He chuckled, kissing my forehead quickly before he stood from his bed. My groggy mind couldn't process anything enough to try and stop him while I fell back into a deeper sleep.

"Heard your boy-toy got Weasley so rattled while he was trying out for keeper that he sent poor Katie Bell to the infirmary." Cassie chuckled, pouring some gravy over the biscuits that resided on her plate for breakfast. I let out a long sigh before I ran my hands over my face.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with him. It seems like he is just getting worse as the days drag on." I admitted defeatedly, cutting into my food with my fork. I glanced down the table where Draco sat with his own friends, and his smile didn't move an inch as he talked so animatedly. "He makes me so happy." I said quietly, and I started feeling tears prickling at the back of my eyes. "But what if he is this horrible person forever? I see how his father treats his mum. Draco gets more like him the older we get. What if that's what I have to live with?" I asked her seriously.

"Do you already think about marrying him? Merlin's sake, we're only 15. You don't seriously think you'll be with him forever?" She asked with a chuckled. For the first time, that's exactly where my brain went. Pondering if I'd spend my life with Draco. But I can't picture anyone else.

"I'm just being stupid. Maybe it's my time of the month." I chuckled, wiping my eyes quickly before any more tears gathered. My eyes glanced back to Draco who was already focused on me. His gaze enchanted me, making me feel like I was the only one in this crowded room.

He could see my glossy eyes from a mile away. His lips found themselves curving into a frown as if he was asking me what was wrong. I shook my head at him lightly, but he nodded his head to the door of the great hall before he stood from his bench.

"I'll catch up with you later." I gave Cassie a weak smile as I stood. I hugged my torso as I walked, trying to get rid of the slight chill that traveled up and down my arms.

Draco waited for me outside the room, a look of concern on his face as I approached him.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked sweetly, brushing his thumb across my cheek and rubbing the back of my head lightly with the pad of his fingers. I couldn't help but lean further into his touch as his hand cupped my face.

"I heard you're practically the reason Katie is in the infirmary." I told him quietly, making him scoff.

"That was Weasley, all I did was taunt him-"

"Drake, why do you have to be so mean?" I asked him honestly. He let out a deep breath through his nose as my words cut off his own.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He gave me a forced pout as I looked up at him. I knew it wasn't true. He would do it again. Over and over and over.

"I'm serious, Drake. It makes me look just as bad when you do stuff like this. I don't like it." I told him, causing his eyes to actually fill with worry and hurt.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He whispered, his opposite hand pulling on me by my waist while he still cupped my face.

"It means fix your attitude before you regret it." I told him honestly. He nodded quickly, panic filling his face as he heard my words.

"I will. I'm sorry." He breathed out quickly. I must be the only person in the world that intimidates him. Well, and his father. "I love you. Don't scare me like that." He whispered, reaching for my hand with his chilly one and braiding our fingers together.

"Like what?" I asked softly, peering into his eyes for more answers.

"Like you're going to leave me."