Chapter 42

I sat in a small wooden chair in the center of the large room while death eaters stood around me. I was never allowed in here before. The room was always off limits because it was only for "official business that little girls took no part in." My father didn't even look bothered as he stood a few feet away from me, a bored expression on his face.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked him quietly, but he didn't give a response. I felt my heart sinking deeper and deeper into my chest while I fought off the urge to cry.

"No point in trying to talk to him, he's barely got any thoughts in his brain anymore." Lucius sighed, shaking his head back and forth tragically. "The Dark Lord wasn't please when he found out your father was the one who allowed Draco to make such a stupid decision. Even I trusted him as a better man than that. My best friend of nearly 30 years, and he betrays me so." He spat, looking down on my father while he glided himself across the room.

I looked over at Theodore who kept his eyes out the window and his back to me. I don't think anything angered me more right now than the stupidity I felt deep down for never realizing I was being used.

"Where's my mother?" I asked Lucius, trying to get answers out of him. He glanced over at me carelessly before he gave some sort of weak response.

"Well, after what happened to your father she decided that she didn't want to stick around and meet the same fate. She took off, told me I could have you if she could live." He shrugged, picking his wand up off of the desk. "She's quite foolish, that Taylor. Runners don't get to live for long, but they do get a head start. Where is her loyalty to the Dark Side?" He chuckled, twirling his wand between his fingers to keep himself occupied.

I scuffed my feet across the floor and tried my hardest to keep myself from letting out a loud and hard sob. I was biting my lip so harshly between my teeth, I was waiting for it to draw blood.

"I don't want to do this." I told him quietly, praying that he had the slightest bit of sympathy in his heart.

If he has one at all. 

"You married Narcissa when you were young. How is Draco wanting to marry me one day any different?" I asked him with narrowed eyes. He gave me a daring look, surprised by how bold I was.

"I didn't have what Draco did and I never will. His mind is different. So powerful stand dangerous. My relationship with my wife was nothing more than an arranged marriage for money and a pure blooded child. You truly think my wife and I love each other?" He laughed at me. I let out a deep breath and sunk further into my chair. I'll never win with him.

I looked at the clock that resided above the fireplace. My eyes widened slightly and my chest started to tighten as I realized a crucial piece of information.

2 hours.

I've been home for over 2 hours and I never sent a letter back to Draco telling him that everything was fine and that I had arrived. He'd come looking for me, no doubt about it. He stated numerous times through the morning how nervous he was about me using a port key by myself, and he probably thinks I'm lost out in London.

"So, where do you plan on taking me?" I asked him, swinging my feet across the floor under my chair. He kept his back to me, looking at something on the desk.

"For now, the cellar." He said calmly. My breathing was shallow now, fear still running through me as I realized he would keep me as a prisoner until he was satisfied and would then drag me far away from his son.

"Then, Draco will receive his... treatments, and you and I will head off across the country after I know his punishments worked on him." He told me carelessly. "I'll find somewhere for you. You're practically an orphan now— with a deadbeat mum and a dad who probably hardly even recognizes you, but I'm sure I have an old estate you can stay at until I've decided you learned to stay away from my son, and then you'll be free." He shrugged, turning around to face me. I felt my tears trickling down my cheeks and a soft whimper left my lips.