Chapter 40

*Mature Content Warning*

"Won't Drake be angry if we do this?" I asked Blaise in a hushed voice while the tablet sat in the palm of my hand. "I don't want to make him mad." Blaise brushed me off with a shrug before he popped his own pill.

"If you knew the shit he's done that would make you angry, you'd be even." Blaise snickered. I felt my jaw clenched before I threw the pill down my throat with a dry swallow. I closed my eyes before I flung myself back on his bed and waited for the effects to kick in.

Blaise started giggling at something before I looked up and the whole room was almost spinning in circles around us.

"I see shapes, do you see shapes?" he laughed, making my own laughter fill the room as well. I grabbed his hands in my own and tried to focus on them, but they looked as though they were changing sizes right before my eyes.

"This is bad." I laughed, I dropping his hands and rubbing my palms over my eyes vigorously. "We should go on an adventure! Come on!" I squealed, jumping up from his bed and readjusting my button up that was tucked into my green, plaid tennis shirt. I slipped my black platforms on and sprinted towards the door with my robe in my hand.

"Emmy, wait!" Blaise laughed, stumbling on his feet to keep up with me. We both tried our hardest to walk normally past the other students in the common room, but our giggles and muffled laughter was enough to give away we were up to no good.

"It's past curfew!" Blaise warned, letting out a loud gasp as we strolled out of the common room.

"And I'm dating a prefect, so who cares." I said confidently, my lips puckering in defiance while I continued strolling down one of the corridors.

I slipped my robe on to my body before I put my hands in my pockets. A wrapper inside caught my attention before I pulled the contents out.

"Chocolate! B, I have chocolate!" I screamed, resulting in his hand slapping over my mouth and him pulling me behind a pillar to hide.

"Your prefect is also the one who will kill us if he finds us!" He tried whispering, but his voice wasn't very quiet either. "Where in the world did you pull chocolates from?" He asked, looking down at the wrappers in my hand. I opened one quickly before I shoved it in my mouth.

"Theo, he gave them to me during class today." I muffled out to him, my eyes practically rolling back in my head. "This is so good. Want some?" I held my hand out to him, but he grimaced and avoided it.

"I hate chocolate," he groaned. I scrunched my face and looked around.

"You love chocolate," I protested. He made a confused face before he nodded in agreement.

"I do. I do love chocolate." He whispered under his breath. "Let's go! I want to go swim in the lake!" He chirped, grabbing my hand and sprinting down the hall.

"Will Theo be there?" I asked him excitedly. "I miss Theo so much," I groaned, putting my hands in my pockets, and feeling my heart start to ache.

"Theodore went back home for the evening. Something work related, but it's a good thing he's not around Draco— because he's still pissed about Katie Bell." Blaise shook his head while we skipped down the halls.

"What about Katie?" I questioned, my brain running through a million thoughts. "Oh, I wish Theo was here. I can't believe he's gone!" I started to weep, tears starting to prickle behind my eyes as I pictured his face.

What the fuck am I on?

"Well, Draco is supposed to kill Dumbledore, but we almost killed Katie Bell on accident. Draco's the one that slipped her the cursed necklace in hogsmeade, but he's praying my obliviation spell worked for when she wakes up and she won't remember." Blaise said casually at once.