Chapter 64

"Crucio" I watched as the stream of red light attached itself to the figure behind the desk. Fuck, I wish I knew what I was doing. I wish I could've finished the last two years of school. I wish I wouldn't have given up my favorite hobby of reading books about magic, and would've given up the romance novels while I sulked in my own heartbreak and revelations.

"How does it feel?" I asked him lowly while he curled up on the floor. His whining and groaning wasn't enough satisfaction for me. I wanted more. I needed more. I wanted to break him down into nothing, just as he had done to me. "How does it feel to have someone make you feel like your living through hell? Like your insides are on fire? Like you can't control any of the pain being caused in your life?!" I shouted at him, quickly snatching Harry's ploy wand that sat on top of the desk and tucking it away in the waistband of my skirt.

"I wish this wouldn't be so easy. I wish that I could actually put up a fight with you. That I had enough balls to give you a wand and play fair." I continued, and I stood over his cloaked body, and looked at his features dwindling. "But I don't want to give you the light of day. I want you to feel hopeless. And despaired, just like everyone you've ever come to ruin." I made sure to keep my distance, just in case he was able to fight me physically and retrieve my wand.

"I want this pain to consuming you. The pain that's so intense, you can't even begin to think about where you are at this moment. That you can't recognize who is doing this to you." I spat, holding the elder wand with both hands now as I felt the fresh power surging through all of the veins in my body.

Just stall time. Break him down. Draco will do his part. I reminded myself.

"Sectumsempra!" I switched spells and watched the Dark Lord's face cover itself with a gash as he took a deep breath. "You took everything from me. You made my life miserable. A life that you promised would be better for people like me if I believed in you." I accused him.

"None of these will work." He chuckled like I was a fool. "You're going to have to do it, Princess. Kill me." He choked on his words as his laughter filled the air. "You think I don't know the counter curse for this one?" His voice grew stronger and I watched as his cuts started to clear away. "I'm so much stronger than you." He laughed. Wandless magic. Fuck.

Draco can do it. I should've know. Why am I such a fucking moron?

"Crucio!" I shouted again and watched while he writhed around on the floor in pain. Just stall some time. Draco will kill the snake. But how will I know he's killed the snake?

I knew he couldn't fight off the curse coming from the elder wand. It was too powerful for him. Much too strong. It was more powerful than I could ever hope to be.

"Protego." The Dark Lord choked out, and my curses stopped working on him. I felt a zapping run up my arm and I realized I was cursing myself for a split second.

"Fuck!" I cursed as I shook away the pain. He gave me a smile like he hadn't felt any pain at all, and he pulled a wand from the inside of his robes as he stood.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

Back to square one. Our spells battling against one another in an even match to see who could become the most powerful. Clashes of sparks. Red and green streams lighting the room so bright, I had to squint my eyes and hold on to the wand with both hands.

"You know how to kill me! Do it!" He mocked me. My heart started to pound. My hands were growing sweaty. I think my knees might buckle at any second.

My shoulders started to grow numb, and I had a bad feeling grow in the pit of my stomach. The Dark Lord's spell overpowered mine for a split second and inched it's way closer, but I used all of my might and fight it back with my own charm. This is too familiar. Maybe this won't end differently than the last time.