Chapter 8

"Hi, Emelia." A few boys smirked as they walked past our breakfast table.

"Hi," I smiled, trying to be polite. I widened my eyes as I looked back down at my waffles, trying my hardest not to smile.

"Why do you look like that?" Draco asked me with suspicion as he held his glass of pumpkin juice.

"Like what?" I smirked as I looked at him. He tilted his head to the side before he gave me a doe eyed look.

"Hiiii," he breathed out in a high pitched voice, fluttering his eyelashes at me.

"Are you mocking me, ferret boy?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. His lips curled up into a smirk before he placed as a quick kiss on my lips. A number of boyish groans filled the room. I glanced around and watched as many dropped their heads in defeat as they were staring at us.

"Guess the cat's out of the bag now." Draco winked, leaning away from me and picking up a piece of toast.

I hadn't received attention like this at Hogwarts before. Boys I had never even seen had grown a set of balls over night and were talking to me. Many typically stared and talked behind my back, but I had never had this many approach me.

"I guess being a champion has some of its perks." I sighed, taking a sip of my orange juice. "What does that make you, Mr. Malfoy? If I'm the new Hogwarts heartthrob—well, I guess Potter is, too." I said as I watched a number of girls approach him. "Are you still the most eligible bachelor of our class?" I teased.

"No. I told you last night, I want the champion." He winked. I gave an amused nod before I spoke.

"Is that what this is about? The popularity of it?" I asked seriously. "Honestly, Drake. You never wanted anything to do with a public relationship with me, and then I win the task and as soon as I start getting attention in the common room, you want people to know I'm running around with you." I chuckled. He shook his head quickly.

"No. I've just been thinking about it, and I realized how much I didn't want to share you with all these boys, and it's only going to get worse— and the only way to do that and have it be fair is if I'm just with you." He disagreed. He ruffled his hand through his hair, while I watched him contently. I couldn't help the smile that was on my face as I listened before I reached over and stroked his hair back lovingly.

"Was I not acting like I wanted you the entire day of the task?" He laughed while he leaned his face into my palm. I gave a small shake of my head while my smile still lingered.

"No, you were. It's just nice to hear you say it." I hummed. His smile grew more before he started eating his meal again.

"Wait 'til you see the next jumper my father sent me. I'm going to be the biggest Prince fan there." He flashed me grin. "Also, he and my mum say 'good luck, they know you'll do great in the next round, and to bring home the cup.'" He laughed. My eyes widened as I listened.

"Fuck, I haven't even written my parents since I got here!" I panicked. "I'm sure they know most things, but still. Talk about being rude." I quickly gathered my things up. "I'll see you later, I'm going to go do that now." I sighed. He nodded his head before he turned his attention to Blaise.

I made my way out of the tower where the owlery was located and walked through the corridor alone.

"Emelia!" I heard a voice sprinting up to me from behind. I glanced over my shoulder and a smile appeared on my lips.

"Hello, Harold." I chuckled, turning back around so I was forward facing. "Congratulations, by the way. If I had to share the placement with anyone, I'm glad it was you." I bumped shoulders with him as he walked next to me. Poor boy had his arm wrapped in a sling and looked like the dragon had gotten the best of him.