Chapter 61

All is fair in love and war.

"It's not over, Champ. You're just here to get some help."

I let out a long groan and squeezed my eyes shut even tighter to avoid having to wake up.

"5 more minutes. It's early." I mumbled, tucking my hands under my chin and rolling on to my side. Damn, this bed is hard as a rock.

"Come on, Em. You're not even sleeping." A familiar laugh made my lungs burn and my heart pound. "Time to talk it out. You don't have forever." My chin was cupped and I felt peace wash over me for the first time in days.

"Harold." I smiled weakly. My eyes fluttered open and I attempted to adjust to the blinding white light that surrounded Harry's face as he crouched over me and I laid on the floor.

I sat up straight and glanced around the white room full of mist, but it was just us. No Draco. No mother. Just Harry.

The fog started to fade, and the white room started to resemble the Hogwarts library. I felt my face crinkle further and further into a state of confusion as Harry grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet.

"Wait- Where's Drake? Don't tell me he went to Hell and I'm never going to see him again." My eyes widened and I stared at Harry. "God, I'm not even surprised. This is just perfect. I should've done horrible things to go to Hell, too-"

"He's just not here, Em. That doesn't mean he's in Hell. But it also doesn't mean he isn't." He said lowly, his distaste for Draco still very obvious. "It's just you and me." He laughed and held up a hand to cut me off from going any further into the conversation. I grabbed his hand instead of looking at it, and I felt his warm skin on mine.

"You're real. I can actually feel you." I whispered, and he gave me a small laugh. "I'm dead." I finally admitted. It was the only way this craziness could all be possible.

"Well, no. Not entirely." He looked away from me to avoid my intense gaze.

"But-" I squeeze his hand, "I can feel you... and you're gone... and this sure does look like our spot to meet." I talked slowly to try and piece it all together.

"You're not really dead, Emmy. Not yet. You're in limbo." He put two fingers under my chin and brought my eyes back to his emerald ones.

"But why am I here?" I quizzed him. He gave me another small chuckle as he traced his pointer finger over the scar on my forehead.

"Part of your soul just died. You aren't dead. But you can be if you choose to be." He shrugged. "No one would blame you if you didn't want this anymore, but I should explain first." He said sweetly. I glanced around and continued to try and make sense of what was happening.

"You're just fucking with me now, aren't you? This is to make up for the time I punched you in the nose." I teased him. "I'll finally give you a kiss if you quit playing games with me. Just don't tell Draco— even if you want to rub it in his face. And I won't tell Ginny." I smiled shyly and winked as my flirtatious personality picked right back up where he and I left off, and his cheeks started to glow a brighter shade of red as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I think you're just in shock- y'know, and confused." He stammered with the words while his wide eyes stayed on mine, any confidence he had a few second prior was slowly starting to slip. I giggled at him before I threw my arms around his neck and felt his familiar grasp pull me close. "I've missed your teasing. And your laugh. I've missed a lot. I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you. Between Malfoy, the shit you have to live through because you love him, your family, and now this. I know how much it sucks. I've had my own share." He told me honestly.