Chapter 12

Seconds felt like they had run into hours. Hours into days. Days into weeks. And I hadn't noticed that I missed any of it. I groaned loudly as I stretched out my legs, causing a grasp on my hand to tighten.

"Emmy?!" Draco's voice asked frantically. I let out a whimper as I felt pain wash over my body. "Madame Pomfrey! She's awake!" Draco yelled across the room. "Emmy, open your eyes for me. Please," he begged, rubbing the sides of my cheeks with his hands as he sat on the edge of my bed.

"I-" I whispered, trying my hardest to get the words to come out. "I want orange juice." I whispered tiredly. Draco chuckled happily as he heard my words before he kissed the top of my head.

"I will go get you some. Anything you want." He assured me. I nodded before I opened my eyes slowly. The room was a little fuzzy as they tried to focus, but I did enjoy the sight of Draco's smile growing even wider. He took off quickly as Madam Pomfrey appeared at my side.

"Follow my finger with your eyes, babe." She whispered as she moved her pointer finger in front of my face. "Good." She whispered.

I glanced around the room and didn't see anyone else here, but it was still day time. I coughed once, not used to speaking or putting in any effort to breathe. She continued running more tests on me before she determined I was going to be fine.

"How long was I asleep?" I whispered, closing my eyes softly. She let out a small sigh as she wiped my forehead gently.

"A little over a month. But do not worry my dear, your academic absences have all been excused and the next task isn't for another month and a half or so." She helped me relax. I nodded softly as I felt like I was falling asleep again.

"I'm back. Here." Draco panted as he rushed into the room. "I ran." He panted again as he tried catching his breath. I chuckled before I sat up straight and opened my eyes.

Madam Pomfrey shut the curtain and let us be as Draco laid on the bed next to me. He helped me drink the juice he just brought, but it didn't take much effort for me to chug the entire thing down.

"I'm so happy you're okay. I was so scared." He admitted, snuggling in the bed with me. "They weren't sure when you'd wake up, if you'd be okay, and all I kept feeling was that it was my fault. Why did I get out of the lake and you didn't?" He whispered, hugging me tightly as I relaxed.

"What were the results? Am I in last?" I whispered, causing him to laugh.

"Second, actually." Draco told me. My eyes widened and I looked at him to see if he was joking. His face was dead serious as I glanced between his eyes. "Seriously. They said your acts were heroic. You came in second after Diggory and then Potter," he scoffed for a moment. "They let him tie with you again because not only did he actually come in second, but he dove in to rescue you." Draco explained, hugging me closer in a protective matter.

"Harry saved me?" I whispered, still looking at Draco in disbelief. He nodded his head, annoyance still on his face.

"He dove off the dock as soon as everyone realized you didn't come up to the surface. Dumbledore, stupid old man, he wouldn't even let me get in the water!" Draco exaggerated. "I could've gotten you out, too. He just wanted Pot-"

"Sweetheart, I love you, but I am too tired to listen to you argue about how much better than Harry you are." I chuckled, snuggling myself into his side and closing my eyes. Draco let out a long sigh before he nodded his head.

"I'm sorry. I am so proud of you for what you did. Even if it did almost kill you. I love you." He mumbled against my hair, squeezing me even closer into him. It was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep, practically holding on to Draco's body with a death grip.