Chapter 59

I stood alone in the open quidditch pitch in Draco's back yard. The dark clouds from earlier still looming over my head. The storm they called for had yet to approach. Not yet.

I glanced down at the watch that I had, and saw that it was 11:58 p.m. They will be here soon. Too soon, as Draco described it. Boy, was he right.

My stomach hurt horribly. Like an insufferable pain from the anxiety and fear. The prophecy was wrong. I wanted nothing to do with any of this. My thoughts paused when I lifted my eyes from the ground and met the large cloud of smoke just 10 yards away. An entire army of them against one.

Perfect.

My eyes remained on the Dark Lord who appeared amused. I could see my friends gathered at his sides. Boys that I had known for years. Boys that would watch me fail. My father stood along them, too. Not giving a single care that something horrible would happen to me just like my mother.

My eyes flickered to Draco who stood at the Dark Lord's right side. I could see Bellatrix standing to his left. My anxiety only got worse. Draco's eyes were practically black as he looked at me. I looked away quickly, not only to get the attention away from our relationship, but to avoid the frightening glare he was shooting at me.

Draco, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm really scared.

I glanced at him quickly and he tipped his chin discreetly to let me know he was in my mind just as I had requested, and was ready to hear. My spine shivered as his beautiful eyes continued to grow more and more intimidating. I had never feared Draco, even in our worst of times, but I guess I had also never feared death until tonight. There's a first time for everything. 

Mother always said to list my favorite things when I felt like this. You've witnessed it more times than I can count. Although, sometimes if I was really scared, the list would surpass 5 just to make myself feel better. Eventually, the entire list was you. Like I said, I'm really fucking scared, and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't. This is my list of my 5 favorite moments with you.

16 years old.

"Which would you prefer, love? You can have any one that you want." Draco leaned his elbow against the glass counter and looked down at the options. I bit the inside of my lips as I grazed the collection of jewels that sat below.

"I don't want to pick the wrong one. Or one that is too expensive. Why don't you just-"

"Emelia, nothing is ever too expensive for you, my dear." Draco argued, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling my back against his chest. Our eyes moved across the jewelry counter in unison. "Anything you want, baby. I mean it." He whispered in my ear.

"Can I try that one on?" I pointed at a ruby engagement ring and the jeweler nodded his head.

"You want a ruby?" He looked at it, before he took it into his own hands and shook his head. "Nope. Red isn't your color." He disagreed before he handed it back over the counter and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"What happened to anything that I want?" I chuckled, looking at Draco over my shoulder and watching as his typically hard exterior broke down into a loving smile.

"What about this one?" The jeweler asked, grabbing both of our attention. He held up a silver ring with an emerald in the center and a few diamonds flanking it on either side.

I could feel my lips turn up into a smile while I carefully grabbed the band of the ring between my fingers and held it up at my eye level. Draco pressed a kiss to my temple before his pale and slim fingers took the ring from me and slid it down my left ring finger. His arms wrapped back around my waist, but I was captivated by the beauty in front of me.