Chapter 16

I started crying again as I crawled over to Cedric's body. I reached a shaking hand up and tapped his shoulder once, but the deadpan look on his face was enough for me to know it was real.

Before I knew it, multiple figures in masks and black cloaks appeared around us, circling Harry and the Dark Lord alike. I stayed off to the side, swearing I'd only step in if needed.

"I'm disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me. Crabbe! Macnair! Goyle!" He started unmasking the men, one by one. "Even you, Lucius." He spat, removing his mask. My breathing completely stopped as I stared at him, my mouth running dry and my eyes not blinking. He obviously hadn't noticed me yet. Nor had the parents of my other friends.

"My Lord, had I heard even a whisper of your whereabouts-"

"There were signs, my slippery friend." Voldemort cut him off, his words seeping out like poison. I started panting and sobbing now, leaning my back against Cedric's body as I watched everything in fear. "Oh," Voldemort said sweetly as he looked over at me. "Sweet, Prince. Haven't seen her since she was itty bitty." He whispered, an evil smile lingering on his lips as he approached me. I started screaming again, fear rushing through my veins as I looked at him.

Lucius moved over with him, and for the first time in my life Lucius was intimidated. Not the one in control, but the one following becks and calls and orders.

"Don't touch her!" Harry shouted, but the Dark Lord only laughed. Lucius tried squatting next to me, but I scooted away from him as quickly as I could. I was a blubbering mess, feeling a whole new type of fear.

"Now, Emmy Jane," Lucius attempted to say sweetly, but I closed my eyes tightly as I shook my head. "You know I won't hurt you. I'm helping you." He whispered, still trying to move closer. The Dark Lord had directed his attention to Harry now while Lucius took care of me.

"Get away from me." I sobbed, covering my ears with my hands and curling up into a ball. I started rocking back and forth, praying this was all a dream.

"Shhh," Lucius whispered, reaching a hand out towards my arm slowly. "Don't be difficult. You know what I say about that." He warned like he were my own father. And before this moment, it had always felt like he was.

"Draco!" Lucius seethed as we flew around on the quidditch pitch. "I told you not to touch my artifacts! What did you do anyway? Touch the damn artifacts!" He screamed off of the back porch. Draco scoffed once before he came to a stop during his fly.

"I didn't! I'm old enough to know better!" Draco shouted back.

"Do not yell at me!" Lucius argued.

"I'll yell if I want!" Draco screamed, his brows furrowed as he still gripped the front of his broom. Next thing I knew, I was watching Draco fall towards the ground as Lucius shot a spell at him as a punishment. I quickly dove on my broom and caught Draco, his face full of fear as he stared at me and held on to my body tightly.

"Difficult children get sent to the dungeons before they are shipped off and fed to the muggles." Lucius spat loudly before he slammed the door shut as he entered the manor.

"I'm not fucking ten anymore! That doesn't work on me!" I spat, making him flinch back slightly from my harsh tone. "I want Draco." I sobbed, still rocking back and forth as I held my throbbing head. Lucius rubbed my hair back softly, trying to put on a front that he truly cared. Bullshit. He just wants me out of the way.

"It'll be over soon." He whispered, patting me on the head gently. I shook my head in disbelief, wishing I could just leave.

"I can touch you now!" Voldemort teased, making me look up. I watched as he pressed his finger against Harry's scar, causing the boy to scream in pain. Lucius clamped his hand over my mouth and pulled me against his chest quickly.