Chapter 54

I never liked dreaming. Not really. They always have a way of ruining reality.

Sometimes they leave high expectations that disappoint us when they aren't fulfilled.

Sometimes they tamper with the ideas we have of our day to day lives and make us believe what we have going for us isn't good enough.

Sometimes... they reveal too much.

Harry laid on the ground with his wand in his hand. Back in the place where it had all started. Godric's Hollow.

"Come on, Tommy Boy. Is that all you've got?" The scar headed boy spat at the cloaked man, staggering to his feet and trying to regain his balance. He spit towards the ground and as some ran down his chin, I could see it's crimson red color.

His head was busted, and his glasses half cracked. He didn't look scared. Hell, I would've been shaking in my boots. But not Harry. He was brave. As brave as any Gryffindor had ever come.

"You are a silly boy, Harry Potter." Voldemort whispered, inching his way towards Harry once more. "For I possess the elder wand. You dare to say that you believe you stand a chance against me?" He chuckled, his cronies laughing as they flanked him and watched the poor boy stand alone.

"I'm not scared of you." Harry shook his head. "Because I know the truth. About everything. Things that you don't even begin to know." He said confidently. "This is how it's supposed to be." He shouted.

"You are brave, boy. Just like your parents. But no one has ever been a match you me." He said daringly, taunting the boy to try and end this battle.

They both shot spells back at each other, the forces colliding in a stream of color as Harry held his ground firmly. Harry flew back on to his back once more, lingering for a moment. Not as quick to get up.

"You have no right to speak on my parents. I am alive because of something you'll never know. Love, Tom." He emphasized the word. "All you've ever known is hate. That's all you bring into this world. It's sad and pathetic." Harry seethed weakly, bringing himself up on to a knee before Voldemort knocked him back down. Another death eater used the expelliarmus spell and took Harry's wand leaving him defenseless.

Taunting him. Like a game of cat and mouse. But the cat finally won.

"I'm going to kill you now. It's over, Harry. 16 years of life just to be turned into nothing." Voldemort mocked him with a smile on his face. He swiftly moved over the boy, holding his wand to his neck and holding down his chest.

"These are your final words, Harry Potter. Make them count." He said lowly. "For they will be how the history books remember your pathetic legacy." He spat. "The boy who lived... became the boy who died." He whispered.

"That prophecy that you wanted from me so badly last year? Do you want to know what it truly said?" He asked the disgusting, vulgar man. He dropped his amused face and leaned closer to Harry, pushing his wand further into his skin.

"You should be scared of me. You appear dauntless. Testing me. How dare you ACT LIKE THIS MEANS NOTHING?!" The Dark Lord spat at him. Harry was the one with the amused face now.

"I have nothing to lose. Most of the people I love will be dead or gone by morning. But I bring you this." Harry smiled weakly as his hands grabbed the side of Voldemort's head. His voice dropped a few octaves, but boomed loudly as if he was possessed. His eyes glossed over and turned snake like to match the Dark Lord's like they were one, and he resembled Professor Trelawney as she used to deliver our divination readings.

"THE ONE WHO WAS TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHED. BORN TO THOSE WHO THRICE DEFIED HIM, BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIED. THE DARK LORD SHALL MAKE HIM HIS EQUAL, BUT HE WILL HAVE POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT." Harry's voice carried out.