Chapter 63

"I'm leaving." I warned Blaise quietly in the middle of the foyer. "I give it 20 minutes tops before he realizes I'm gone." I nodded towards the living room where the boys were playing wizard's chess. "Just get him to do it for me." I begged one last time while I tucked the wand up my dress shirt sleeve.

"I love you, Emelia. You're the best sister I never had." He smiled weakly at me.

"Don't go soft on me Zabini." I chuckled nervously and readjusted my collar one last time.

"Well, I didn't take it very seriously last time and I cannot tell you the fucking guilt that pressed on my chest when I checked your pulse for the twelfth time because I didn't believe it." He argued with me quickly. I stopped my movements and saw him look towards the living room quickly to avoid my gaze.

"You know we aren't saying goodbye. That's why I'm not even telling Draco. I'm ready this time." I nodded. "Truly ready. I've never believed in anything more than I believe myself when I say that." I told him.

"I know. Just incase. I love you, and I'll see you after." He gave me a fake smile and patted my shoulder.

"Thanks, you barbaric, loathsome, ole twit." I snickered, brushing his hand off of me. He cracked a smile and looked away. "I love you, too. I'll see you later." I rushed to the front door and escaped hastily.

It was dark and cold as I snuck inside the manor, but I couldn't tell you the last time it felt any different than this. Except, it was predominantly empty for once. The abundance of death eaters were absent from the last times I had been here, and it just looked abandoned.

I slowly crept around the corners and through the empty corridors, taking trails that were too familiar, but also felt ancient at the same time. The memories felt foggy, the sweet smell of home was gone, my room was vacant now that Draco moved out. There was nothing left here for me anymore. I'm sure after tonight, I'll never want to step foot in this place again anyway.

I knew where to find him. He'd be in the old study, just like he always was when I would come around here. Harry was right about what he told me. I only had one thing going for me. The element of surprise.

So many ideas and thoughts were coursing through my head. How would I approach him? Should I say anything at all? What if I waste too much time? What if he disarms me and takes the real elder wand?

Too many things could go wrong. Too many thoughts were giving me anxiety. But if I shut my mind off, I'd never be able to function properly. It was good to be alert.

5 things. Then I'll never play this game again. I'll never have anything to fear after tonight. I'll be in control of my own life. I can pick the boy I want to live with without fear of any consequences. I can finally move as far away from our little hollow of horrid memories. We can have kids. And grow old. And everything else I want out of life.

5 of my favorite things.

Draco.

I slowly took each step of the staircase, and tried to avoid the spots that I knew would creak if you applied too much weight to them.

Cissy.

Honestly, I'm fucked if he's listening to my thoughts right now. Guess Harry never really thought that one through. What if he's bored? Tries scrimmaging through the manor to read anyone's thoughts, and just so happens to run across mine.

That would be enough entertainment for him. Then I'd stand no chance. He'd know every thing I've thought of since I arrived.

Blaise.