Chapter 15

"What if I mess up? Or something happens?" I asked Draco as I curled up into his side on the couch of the common room. He chuckled at my nerves as his fingers trailed up and down the skin of my arms.

"Don't worry, darling. I'll show up and save you in a heartbeat." He assured me, humor still in his voice. When I didn't laugh with him he hugged me closer and spoke more seriously. "I mean it. If something happens, I'm going to be right there. Okay?" He whispered sweetly next to my ear, causing me to nod my head and bury my face away in his neck.

I had a few conversations with Harry in recent weeks about normal things. Our days, what we've been up to, what we would do if we won the cup. Nothing about the actual tournament came up.

I had no idea what the next task in the tournament was going to be. No clues or hints were given this time. I had less than 24 hours before it would all happen. I was scared shitless.

"Is it too late to back out now?" I huffed, keeping my head against the side of his neck to hide my face away. He let out another amused laugh.

"You can't give up now. If you win tomorrow, you get the glory! Why stop here?" He questioned like I was being silly. He made a good point. Just one more and this could all be over. "You know what I think you need?" He whispered, leaning his head closer to my own. I felt a smile curl up on my lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck tighter.

"What?" I whispered, the smile obvious with the way my voice came out. Draco chuckled as he could hear my anticipation.

"I think we need alone time in my dorm." He whispered, kissing my ear lobe softly. He pushed me off of him carefully before he started waking towards the hallway, expecting me to follow. He opened the door and revealed the empty room to the two of us.

"I'm just so scared something bad is going to happen. Like, you know when you get a gut feeling? And it just won't go away." I tried explaining as Draco sat down on the side of his bed. "I know something is going to happen. Blaise and I have joked about me being the next Trelawney, but I never imagined feeling this sure that something is coming. Maybe it wasn't a joke after all-"

"Emmy, relax." Draco chuckled as he grabbed my hands in his. "You're going to do so good. I'm gonna wear the jumper my father sent me for the second round- course, I never wore it because they kidnapped me in the night." He laughed, pulling me onto his lap so I straddled him. "And you're going to kick ass. It's all going to be fine." He sighed, causing me to do the same. I nodded once before I agreed with him.

"Okay. You're right." I whispered, putting a smile on my face and laying my head on his shoulder.

He was wrong.

"I love you, sunshine. I'll see you as soon as it's all over. Just try to stay calm." Draco soothed, running his hands up and down my shoulders while I panicked. I gave a nod that was nowhere near convincing as I took a shaky breath and darted my eyes around at the students passing by. "Emmy. Look at me, sweetheart." Draco said firmly, grabbing my chin in his hand and making me stare into his stormy grey eyes while I took deep breaths.

"Breath, my love." He whispered, trailing his hands up to my cheeks and placing my forehead against his. My entire body was shaking as I tried my hardest to do as he said. "Just listen to my voice. Let me tell you a story or something. Just relax." He whispered, getting me to close my eyes and nod my head.

"Drake, you're such a cheat!" I screamed, crossing my little arms over my chest and stomping my foot against the concrete. Draco chucked a twig at me as hard as he could, and he was lucky I had dodged it at the last second.