Chapter 25

"I can't see him again. I can't do it." I whispered to Theodore while he brushed my hair back and sat on the edge of my bed.

"It's been a few weeks. I'm sure he's done tormenting you by now." The brunette boy sighed, running his cool fingers across the back of my neck. "Just come with me. It's most likely our last one. We aren't even in the running for the house cup after how badly they lost to Ravenclaw without you. We'll have fun." He promised, gathering a few things for me to wear out of my drawers.

"This is the first step. I'm tired of how depressing you look all the time." He stated, taking the clothes to my bathroom and throwing them down on the countertop.

"It's really hard to not be depressed when you lose your one person. And he's so happy about it." I whispered, my eyes starting to prickle and burn while my gaze stayed out the window into the black lake.

"He's just with those other girls to rub it in. He's being a dick. Don't worry about it." He brushed it off, pulling my blankets off of my body.

"He left me and took everything with him. My friends, my happiness, my everything. No one even likes me anymore except for my roommates and you." I sighed, sitting up to look at him. He gave me a warm smile that just made my heart ache more.

Why does everyone else get to be happy?

"Because I know everything he's saying about you isn't true." He chuckled, pushing me off of the bed. "Everyone else is scared of him. He has too much power. I can't stand it." Theo scoffed behind me.

I made my way to the bathroom to shower and get ready before I slammed the door shut behind me. My head raced a thousand miles per hour while the hot water rained down on me.

Blood traitor

Slag

Whore

Idiot

Bitch

Draco's voice continued echoing in my head as sobs slowly escaped my parted lips.

Wouldn't even sleep with me after a year.

Only cares about herself.

Expecting me to care for her. Malfoy's only get cared for.

I squeezed my eyes shut, begging for my head to stop repeating the words over and over. I just wanted silence.

Horrible kisser.

Bloody annoying.

Waste of space.

Kept her around out of pity.

I can't. Face him.

He went from the only boy in the world that would make my days brighter. Make me feel good. Safe. Loved.

To the one tearing me down. Repeatedly. Trying his hardest to get attention from everyone else, and tear me down with him.

And he didn't care in the slightest. He didn't feel pity. He loved every second of it. He loved making me feel bad.

Not his Emmy Jane. Not anymore.

I threw on my sheer black tights and short skirt, pulled my quidditch jumper over my head, and slipped my boots on. I dried my hair and let it fall down my back gracefully.

"Theo, should I do my makeup?" I shouted out to the boy who still sat on my bed. I opened the door when he didn't respond and looked at him with raised brows.

"Mmmm, I'd say no, but if we win, you and I are going to go to the party right after... so yes." He chirped, turning his attention back to one of my books in his hand. His back rested against the headboard and his ankles crossed slightly while his legs spread out.