Chapter 11

"Every time I open the damn thing it just screams!" I huffed, tossing the egg back down on my bed and laying on my pillow.

"Please don't open it again." Becky pleaded as she had her head in hands and leaned against her desk. "I know you need it to figure out the tournament task, but I have been trying to study for over an hour." She sighed. I rolled on to my side and let out a long groan.

The door flew open and a giggling Cassie and Ella entered. They carried a few books in their hands and looked like they had been studying somewhere else in the castle.

"Hey, I ran into Harry in the corridor a little while ago, he said to give you this." Cassie chirped, her mood obviously better than mine. I lazily grabbed the letter from her hand and opened it.

Library as soon as you get this. I'll be in the back somewhere, just come find me.

Harold

I stood from my bed and threw a plain grey hoodie over my head. I slipped on my brown slippers and walked towards the door.

"I'll be back. I'll see you guys later." I sighed. I was sick of trying to figure out what the clue to the next task was. I was down to less than 24 hours. With the rate I was going at, I was ready to just accept the loss and move on. I didn't ask to compete in this anyway.

The trip to the library felt like it had taken 20 years to complete. I dragged my feet across the stone floors while I moped and pulled the large doors open. Madame Pince greeted me at the front desk as I walked past to search for Harry.

Surprisingly, but not entirely, I was greeted not only by Harry, but a stressed Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. Harry's tired expression turned to an amused one as he looked me up and down. My hair was sloppily thrown into a messy bun, I wore a pair of pink jogger pants, my slippers and a hoodie, I probably would've laughed at myself too if I weren't so annoyed.

"I take it you're struggling as well." He sighed, turning his attention back to a large textbook.

"Struggling? I'm floundering. Drowning even." I admitted as I threw myself down in a seat right next to him. I crossed my arms across the table top and laid my head down in defeat. "I can't even get the egg to stop screaming." I mumbled.

"Well, we solved that much if it makes you feel a little bit better." Hermione spoke up. I nodded my head as I waited for her to continue. "Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground. And while you're searching ponder this, we've taken something you'll sorely miss. An hour long you'll have to look, and recover what we took. But an hour past the prospect's black, too late it's gone it won't come back." She rushed out all at once. I lifted my head with furrowed brows, my confusion only growing.

"So I've figured it's the Black Lake. Sirens, mermaids, whatever you want to call them. The rest is obvious. Recover something in an hour or it's gone forever." Harry sighed before he rested his face in his hands.

"You're right. All obvious. Though, potentially problematic." Hermione sighed as she leaned against the table. Harry picked his head back up and shot her a look.

"'Potentially problematic?' When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?!" He asked her, clearly just as annoyed as I was. He attempted to put his head back down like mine was as I watched them, but Hermione sat down next to him and stopped him.

"Harry, we can do this. The three- four, sorry not used to having another girl around," she corrected quickly, "we can figure this out." She assured him, sounding a bit too peppy for my liking. He made a good point. She had no idea what this felt like.