Chapter 29

"This is like our first official date, if you think about it." Theo chuckled as he swirled his finger in the top of his butterbeer, sucking the contents off when he was finished.

A small smile pulled at my lips while I thought about it, and I giggled at the thought. His smile grew wider at the sound of my laughter, liking the affect he had on me.

"Guess it is." I breathed out, taking a drink of my own butterbeer. Before I even had the chance to lick my lips clean, his thumb ran across my upper lip and wiped the foam off for me.

"You are the cutest girl," he chuckled, leaning over in the booth we shared and pressing his lips to my temple. I leaned further into him, placing my face in his neck and giggled to hide my blush.

"How was your week, love?" He mumbled into my ear, while I stayed in the crook of his neck.

"Good," I whispered, pressing my lips against his soft skin and inhaling deeply.

Honey and vanilla.

That's what Theo's scent reminded me of. So sweet. So pure. So Theodore.

"He hasn't bothered you, right?" He asked lowly. "He hasn't said anything to me, which I'd take as a good sign." He sighed, moving his head so I'd have to look at him.

I nervously bit my lips and shook my head. It was the truth. I hadn't seen or heard from Draco in weeks. Just a few glances in class.

He finally gave up making my life hell. I think he was tired of it. He didn't try to rekindle our friendship, he just avoided me completely. Maybe it was for the best.

"No. He doesn't talk to me anymore." I mumbled, letting out a sigh as my sight fell to the table in front of us.

"I know it hurts, Em." Theo whispered, cupping my cheek in his hand and rubbing it softly with his thumb.

"I don't care about him anymore. I think I'm just going to be sad for a really long time. Not even because I miss him as a boyfriend, I get people have stupid teenage relationships all the time," I chuckled. "I miss our friendship. That's what hurts the most." I sighed. He nodded understandingly while I gazed into his eyes.

"I think it's okay to be sad for a long time over that." He reassured me. A weak smile found its way to my lips before I leaned in and kissed him softly.

"But you make me happy. That's what matters to me." I told him, pinching his cheek lightly between my pointer finger and my thumb.

"And you make me the luckiest guy around." He responded. I tilted my head as I looked at him, and felt warmth swarm my chest.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked him timidly. He nodded his head rapidly, his brows knitting together as I spoke.

"Of course, baby," he chuckled, "you know you can ask me anything." He said flatly. I took a deep breath before I turned to face him completely.

"Do you know anything about Draco's father?" I asked him quietly. His entire face shifted and he hid away all his emotions. The same look Draco gives me everyday.

"I'm not supposed to talk about that kind of stuff." He cleared his throat before he removed his hand from my face and turned forward to drink his butterbeer.

"Well, he was in the graveyard that night, and he made sure I got out of there. Plus, my mother was saying stuff about him and Draco, and I know my father is working again. I saw his arm when I was home. It's not scarred over anymore." I whispered, making Theo shift in his seat uncomfortably. "And you boys all have this weird, secretive thing going on. You all talk in code. Like about commitments and—"