Chapter 62

"She looks beautiful. I think she'd like it."

"Yeah. She does."

"I just can't believe the luck of being set to die on your birthday. She was still a kid. It's just fucked up."

"Blaise. Language."

"Sorry."

"So, is it all arranged? Y'know... the uh, the funerals and stuff."

"Yes. I'm just going to do them together. Makes it easier to just rip off the bandaid off of not only one child, but both."

"Narcissa, we're really sorry for what happened. If you need anyone or anything, ever, we're here for you. You've raised us like your own since we met Draco, all three of us. You aren't alone."

"Thank you."

"Um, when do they think that-"

I sat up quickly with a gasp and patted my hands all over the top of the bed to gain my sense in surroundings.

"WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK!" Gregory screamed loudly as he ran away from my bed. Narcissa let out a throat wrenching scream, and Vincent and Blaise yelled just as loudly.

"Where's Draco?!" I shouted, my heart beating out of my chest rapidly. My heart. Beating. Living. "I gotta find Draco, where is he?!" I panicked, jumping down from the bed and stopping when something had clattered against the wood floor.

My vision look down around my feet and found the possession that Harry had just sent me away with. I snatched it up and noticed the white dress I had been placed in to.

"This is pretty, did you pick it out?" I looked up at Narcissa who looked horrified.

"YOU WERE DEAD! YOU ARE DEAD!" Blaise screamed, all of them joining together in the farthest corner. "Oh my god, you're sick. You're haunting us with your sick and twisted little evil brain." He narrowed his eyes and shot daggers towards me.

"I didn't die! I'm alive!" I shouted at him, waving my hands around so they could all see my dramatic behavior. "Where is Draco?!" I asked again.

"How is that possible?" Narcissa asked me softly, slowly taking a few steps to get closer to me.

"I'm alive. I promise." I closed off the distance and wrapped my arms around her neck. She let out a soft cry before her hand held the back of my head and she hugged me.

"How did you get that?" Vincent asked lowly as he stared at the possession I had in my hand. I disconnected from Narcissa quickly and held the wand against my chest.

"It's mine and it's a long story." I said flatly. "Where is Drake?" I asked for the hundredth time.

"In his bed." Blaise muttered, kicking his foot against a rug I had in my room.

"Stay here. I want to go see him." I told each of them. Their faces faltered as they debated if it was the right idea or not. "No, it's okay. I'm not sad, and it's not like it's going to be too hard for me to look at him. He's going to be okay." I smiled at them, and they looked at me like I had three heads.

"I need to sit down." Gregory huffed.

"I'm going to Draco's room. Just give me a few minutes alone with him." I ran from the room as the words left my mouth, and prayed that the boy laying in the room next door was okay, like me.

The door pushed open carefully with a creak and I slowly padded towards the bed. I laid the elder wand down on the small bedside table before I inched my way closer to where his body laid.

Just like sleeping.

Maybe he is sleeping.

Maybe it didn't work.