Chapter 34

"We have to go on a mission tonight," Theo whispered in my ear. "The only one who gets to stay behind is Malfoy." He informed me, rubbing my hair back soothingly while we laid together in my bed.

There was a mix of worry and relief coursing through my entire body. Relief that Draco didn't have to go, and worry that Theo needed to.

"When can you come back?" I asked him softly. He shrugged his shoulders with uncertainty, biting the inside of his cheek.

"You need to go home. I don't trust leaving you here without any of us here incase something happens." He said with a weak smile, trying to keep me calm while he talked about such horrible things. "Malfoy won't even be here, so I think you should go." He whispered. I nodded in agreement before I curled up into his side tighter.

I've been staring out my bedroom window at the rain ever since. I hurried home from school as soon as Theo left my room. My mother has been tense all day, too, with my father being gone. The atmosphere around our house was heavy, patiently waiting to hear what was truly going on.

Theo wouldn't give me any details when I tried to ask him. Mother wouldn't tell me anything that my father had told her. Draco wasn't home to pester him about it. I was alone. Stuck in my room, scared of what was going on, and alone.

The thunder clapping outside the large glass made me jump as I backed away from the window and watched the lightning crackle across the sky. The rain picked up and I felt my body shake as I watched the storm grow.

"Hi," Theo's voice croaked out behind me without any warning. I jumped at the noise while I whipped myself around, but my heart only started pounding harder as I looked at his appearance. "It's not mine. I'm not hurt." He tried telling me as he took a few steps closer to me.

I stared at his bloody dress shirt anxiously as I slowly back away from him. He could see that I was scared; that I didn't want any parts of this— whatever it may have been.

"I did- I did something really bad." He choked out, trying to explain himself. I shook my head in disbelief as I refused to look at his eyes before my back hit the wall behind me.

"No," I whispered as my eyes didn't leave his clothes. "No, you wouldn't do this." I stammered, pointing to his shirt.

"I did." He said hollowly, still inching his way closer to try and touch me.

"What did you do?!" I asked him fearfully. I was scared. This wasn't like Theo at all. He wouldn't hurt a fly. None of this was making sense.

But I stared at the blood all over him, and I knew this was exactly what it had looked like. This was the reality I was in for, and Draco had pleaded with me to stay away from it. He told me not to get involved with the lot of boys that were lined up to work with the dark lord, but I did it anyway.

"We went to the ministry and we were trying to finally get rid of Potter." He said casually, like it was no big deal. "Then the Order showed up. That's what they call themselves. The good guys. And one thing led to another." He told me flatly as he looked down at his shaky hands.

"I-" he breathed out, not knowing what else to say.

"I'm going to be sick." I warned him, heaving once as I saw just how much blood covered his body.

"I just-" he sighed. "I needed to know you were okay before I left again." He pinched his eyes shut as he said the words.

"What do you mean leave again?!" I asked him loudly, turning my gaze away from him as the nausea in my stomach only increased.