Chapter 56

"Emelia, not like that!" Draco groaned as my wand lit a bush on fire in the backyard... again.

"This is hilarious." Blaise chuckled as he kicked his feet up on the metal table on the back porch.

"Do that again! I missed that one!" Goyle shouted out to me, followed by a loud chuckle.

"Just like old times, huh?" Draco asked, giving me a soft smile to try and calm down my anger. If there was one thing we had figured out in the last few hours, it was that being angry only made my magic worse.

"Emmy, if you keep this up I'm gonna have to start calling you Finnigan." Goyle laughed, drinking from his glass and mocking me that I was blowing things up like Seamus always tends to do.

Without even thinking I pointed my wand at him and shot a spell in his direction, knocking his chair over and making him spill his drink all over his face as he landed on his back. I didn't realize what a deep scowl I held on my face until Draco and Blaise burst into laugher and Draco wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling my hips back into his.

"We'll," he paused to laugh a little harder. My face softened as I heard the sound. A real laugh. It's like music to my ears. "We'll take a break for some lunch, love. Don't worry about it. Honestly, that's the best work you've done yet." He chuckled. I looked at him over my shoulder and his lips pressed to my forehead without even thinking, making my body relax completely under his touch.

"I love when you do that." I sighed silently and laid my head back against his shoulder with my eyes shut.

"Do what?" He whispered with his lips next to my forehead. "This?" He asked and he carefully pressed them against my skin again. I hummed and nodded, getting more and more comfortable as the seconds passed.

"Now isn't really the time for a shag!" Gregory shouted across the yard, using his wand to dry his clothes and hair. I scoffed loudly and shoved away from Draco before I marched towards the porch.

"You are so annoying!" I screeched, shoving him with my small hands and watching as he barely moved. He grabbed a hold of my arms quickly and threw me over his shoulder, resulting in a loud scream to leave my lips. "Gregory! Put me down!" I shouted, pounding my fists against his back and kicking my legs.

"Not until you apologize to me." He teased, making me let out another loud groan.

"She's already hexed you once, y'know." Blaise chuckled as he pulled me from Gregory's arms. "Let's not make it a second time." He tipped his head to the side and gave Gregory a pleading look. Gregory's amusement didn't even budge as he stared at me. He attempted to grab me so he could toss me around again, but Draco took a step between us and was the one who threw me over his shoulder when I pounced out of Blaise's arms to attack him.

"Easy there, hot shot." Draco mocked me as his shoulder pressed into my lower stomach. "Let's go inside for a break." He reminded me again and walked towards the back door. I finally convinced him to place me back down on the floor, and I attempted to stomp away, but he pulled me back by my wrist and kissed my nose carefully.

"You really do need to relax for any of this to work, baby." Draco whispered softly and his hand managed to tangle itself in the hair on the back of my head. I let out a small breath before I snaked my hands around his waist and laid my forehead against his chest.

"What if it doesn't work?" I questioned him, feeling like a lump was stuck in my throat and I'd choke on my own tears at any second. Draco's arms wrapped around my neck and held me steady while my thoughts continued to run at a million miles per hour.

"Let's go upstairs to talk." He whispered back softly. My eyes glanced up at him and noticed his gaze out the window. I looked over and saw the two boys outside staring at us before they tried to look away and pretend they were minding their business. "They're nosey." Draco huffed before his hand found mine and he lead me around the manor.