Chapter 51

Lovely- Billie Eilish & Khalid

——

"Why didn't you say anything?" Blaise asked me while he sat at the kitchen table. "I asked you last week at that stupid party if things were alright and you claimed that they were. I knew what you were walking into. He's bloody awful, and he put on some act and you just pretended like that would be normal, and I feel like an even bigger idiot because you two sure had me fooled." He told me, annoyance in his words and on his face. Narcissa was still upstairs with Draco, explaining to him what had happened in the night.

"Can she not fix you up any better than that?" Blaise asked me. I shook my head and looked back down at the mug between my hands. "Well, you look dreadful. I'm not very good at healing spells." He sighed, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms. "You know who is?" He asked, pointing his finger towards the ceiling— giving away the answer that it was the boy on the second floor. I didn't say anything, my throat burning like no other as I breathed in and out.

"Okay." Narcissa huffed as she entered, she kneeled down next to me, taking my face in her hands carefully and holding me there to examine me better.  "He's calmed down. I explained what happened, and after a bit of a panic, some yelling— and a bit of a tantrum that 'no one was doing anything to help her', he finally relaxed and I think he's sleeping." She told me, earning a slow nod in response. "Do you think we should take you to a healer?" She asked me, but I shook my head.

"Maybe just stay away from him for a while. Let him cool down." Blaise pitched in to the conversation. "I think he'll just need time to process what's been happening to him, and I think having you around will make it worse. He's confused." He told me. I just nodded my head, not even sure if I would want to see Draco or not anyway.

"Actually, he has agreed that," Narcissa took a deep breath and looked at Blaise, "he wants you to fix it." She told him. Blaise looked taken aback and looked like he needed more context from her. "He said that he doesn't want to hurt her again, and he wants you to fix him." She explained, but I think I was the one who looked the most confused now. I opened my mouth to speak, but Narcissa shot me a look, not wanting me to stress my throat anymore than it had already been through. "I think he's going through a bit of a crisis right now. You're right— he's confused, he doesn't know what he's feeling, what he's supposed to feel, if he can touch her, if he can't. Honestly, I wished you two would've just told me all of this when we first got here." She said angrily as she placed her palms on the table surface. I felt my eyes start to burn and I was holding my breath to keep from getting worked up.

"Emmy, don't cry. It's not your fault." Blaise whispered, leaning forward and looking at me across the table. I started sobbing harder, thinking back on everything that had happened. "I'll help him get better. If I just play around with his memories, I'm sure he'll get back to how he used to be. It can't get any worse." He told me. I nodded in agreement and put my face in my hands.

"You should go to sleep, too, sweetheart. It was a long night." Narcissa whispered, running her fingers through my straight hair and pushing it back away from my face. I stood up slowly and walked towards the stairs, hearing the two of them follow behind me like some sort of security.

Blaise slipped something into my back pocket as he hugged me goodbye. "For the pain." He whispered, shooting me a wink followed by a serious look. I tucked the plastic further into my pants as my eyes stayed on his.

"Sleep tight. I'm going to go sit with Draco." Narcissa told me before she scurried down the hall. I walked backwards into my room and shut the door in front of me slowly.

I approached a mirror and felt my stomach churn when I finally saw the red blood that lingered in my eyes from the bursted blood vessels, my purple and black neck, the bruises under my eyes. I looked away and moved to my dresser, putting a new pair of pajamas on and crawling into my bed. I swallowed one of the pills that Blaise had given me and let my eyes fall shut.